Mayweather vs. McGregor Result

Welp?

• Total voters
ALL the money from this fight is going to the IRS?
dude, mayweather owes taxes, but not THAT much in taxes

ALL the money from this fight is going to the IRS?
dude, mayweather owes taxes, but not THAT much in taxes
He owes like $20M for 2015, and then he'll be on the hook for at least 25-30% of the total take for this year.

It's a lot of fuckin money but I'm sure he doesn't give a fuck. It's a fat payday no matter what.

7 million in liens not including the 22 mill from 2016 so 29 before the bill for this fight. what is his projected take for this one? If we guess using his current tax bill... he could owe 50 million

Last edited:
7 million in liens not including the 22 mill from 2016 so 29 before the bill for this fight. what is his projected take for this one? If we guess using his current tax bill... he could owe 50 million
He'll easily take in 150 imo

He should be just fine. News could be blowing it out of proportion. He could suck at money

Not saying he is doomed at all but his history has I'll believe it when I see it written all over it

The IRS still has Floyd Mayweather Jr. on the hook for $7.2 million in taxes from 2010, according to records that show a lien as unresolved for the year he fought Shane Mosley.

I said 2016 but meant 15

That's on top of the $22.2 million the undefeated boxer nicknamed "Money" owes in 2015 taxes for the year he earned $200 million to fight Manny Pacquiao.

Mayweather's public bravado about his wealth doesn't match up with county records in Las Vegas and his own petition to the U.S. Tax Court in Washington.

A petition filed by Mayweather last week argues that as wealthy as he is, he doesn't have the cash on hand to pay his debt for 2015. The IRS refused a direct request by the fighter to pay in installments until he is paid for the McGregor fight, and the agency said it intends to levy Mayweather.

It's the latest in a cycle for Mayweather, who paid $15.5 million in taxes for 2001, 2003-2007 and 2009 only after the IRS filed liens against him, according to documents filed to the Clark County Recorder in Las Vegas.

The tax court filing, obtained by the AP on Wednesday, said that although Mayweather "has substantial assets, those assets are restricted and primarily illiquid." It says he has a "significant liquidity event" within the next two months -- his fight with McGregor, which could earn him a huge purse depending on pay-per-view sales, though likely not the $200 million he got for the Pacquiao fight.

The petition to tax court is an effective stalling tactic because the court moves slowly and would need to send a judge to Nevada to hear the case, said Don Williamson, a professor and chair of the accounting department at American University's Kogod School of Business in Washington.

"They won't rule until after the fight. They don't turn these things around in 30 days," Williamson said.

However, the IRS could still seek to withhold Mayweather's purse from the fight by arguing that he wouldn't pay his taxes otherwise, a claim the agency would have to prove in court, Williamson said.

The IRS sent Nevada boxing regulators a levy notice in 2009, ordering that $5.6 million in unpaid taxes be deducted from Mayweather's $10 million purse as he came out of his first retirement to fight Juan Manuel Marquez. The tax agency backed off only after Mayweather agreed to pay the money.

Floyd Mayweather $7 million tax lien from 2010 unresolved, documents say

if mcgregor gets the dq, it's definitely b/c vince mcmahon organized the outcome w/ his good anlbuddy roger goodell (TIME FOR REMATCH PPV)

i bet mcgregor is using this as tryout/hype generator for his upcoming rasslin contract w/ wwe

i'm surprised that anyone put that mayweather will knock mcgregor out...i think that's more unlikely than mcgregor winning by points...

as dumb as someone who thinks fragile floyd is going to knock conor out while running for his life?

It could be entertaining.

They may actually throw some real punches

Overall this is a joke meant only to cash in one more time before age takes him completely out of the game. This canned trash talk backs up my opinion here so agree or not it is cool with me.

I think Mayweather and McGregor are equally guilty in this fraud of a fight but what would be awesome is for McGregor to go off the reservation and really go at it with Mayweather.

If I am right and that happens... you will be able to clearly see the moment that happens. It will be blatantly obvious that they are going off script

This is a boxing match. Mayweather is a far superior boxer. Hes going to keep away from macgregor and occasionally stick him for points then move off again. Macgregor is going to get baited into mistakes and end up looking like a shit talking clown.

The only possibility macgregor has of winning is to keep pressing mayweather hard and hope to catch him with a lucky shot

Back