[Matrix]New Kia commercial

60k+ for a kia. :lol:

Everyone saying 60K for a Kia is really dumb and or stuck in like 2004 time warp.

Kia/Hyundai as a combo are outputting insanely awesome cars for the price.

Kia Optimas are nicer in that price range than any comparable american/japanese car. You do realize that Acura / Lexus & Infiniti all had to overcome these hurdles in the early 90's. I mean Lexus was just a branding name for Toyota in the USA since they knew American's would react like you did here.

Between Kia/Hyundai and Tesla the 60K luxury car market is going to get real intense in upcoming years.

The ad concept is so bad it's actually making me uncomfortable.

Let's pack 20 references of a 15 yrs old movie in a 90 seconds ad because we can't come up with something new and original...

using matrix references is ok, talking about "redefining luxury" simply because its a kia is retarded

Everyone saying 60K for a Kia is really dumb and or stuck in like 2004 time warp.

Kia Optimas are nicer in that price range than any comparable american/japanese car. You do realize that Acura / Lexus & Infiniti all had to overcome these hurdles in the early 90's. I mean Lexus was just a branding name for Toyota in the USA since they knew American's would react like you did here.

Between Kia/Hyundai and Tesla the 60K luxury car market is going to get real intense in upcoming years.

couldn't have said it better myself.

i see your point but the idea of "branding" isnt exactly new or misunderstood.

the fact of the matter is, the korean brands are making huge strides with regards to reliability, design and value.

so i think it's worth their time to create luxury brands. people want to be able to say that they "have an infiniti"

no one wants to brag about owning a Kia.

that said, considering the other options at this price, you'll have a hard time arguing with 99% of people you run into how great your kia is.

The amount of people who are buying cars to brag about their car are tiny compared to people who buy cars because they just want a certain type of car.

When a middle aged guy wants to buy a car for his family and he's always wanted a nicer feeling/driving car but couldn't afford the 85K price tag of a mercedes or bmw, now he can get a kia or a hyundai for 60k, AND a 10 year warranty to top it all off. You can't beat that. Sure people are still going to want the german stuff, but to say that nobody wants a luxury kia or hyundai because its a kia or hyundai is foolish.

They need to do with Toyota did with Lexus. Kia and Hyundai have a huge stigma of being cheap cars.. now they want to BMW buyers to switch? Just rebrand it...

The amount of people who are buying cars to brag about their car are tiny compared to people who buy cars because they just want a certain type of car.

When a middle aged guy wants to buy a car for his family and he's always wanted a nicer feeling/driving car but couldn't afford the 85K price tag of a mercedes or bmw, now he can get a kia or a hyundai for 60k, AND a 10 year warranty to top it all off. You can't beat that. Sure people are still going to want the german stuff, but to say that nobody wants a luxury kia or hyundai because its a kia or hyundai is foolish.

LOL

an audi a6 and bmw 5-series is ~50-60k range, which is why 70k for a kia is so absurd

also the reviews aren't that great. it'll compete with maybe lexus GS at best, but it has a long way to go

nobody looking for a luxury car for the driving experience is going to get a kia

nobody looking for a luxury car as an image is going to get a kia because they also make cheap ass cars. yes they're reliable but they're also associated with $200 and a job

nevermind the (complete lack of) resale value

i see your point but the idea of "branding" isnt exactly new or misunderstood.

the fact of the matter is, the korean brands are making huge strides with regards to reliability, design and value.

so i think it's worth their time to create luxury brands. people want to be able to say that they "have an infiniti"

no one wants to brag about owning a Kia.

that said, considering the other options at this price, you'll have a hard time arguing with 99% of people you run into how great your kia is.
this is cuz ppl r fuckin retarded usually and half of ppl who buy a luxury car do it w/ little to no research, they just look @ a brand and go oh fuck, that must b a nice car.

i mean maybe im a hypocrite, i drive a bmw but i checked out pretty much every vehicle in the same price range before settling on my car cause it was everything i wanted in a vehicle + right price.

that said kia has been putting out solid vehicles for awhile now and 60k for a luxury one isnt insane @ all. if youre buying a luxury car for status, then yeah i guess kia isnt the way to go. if you wanted one like i did because theyre nicer to drive than a base model economy car, then kia is a great choice right now.

this is cuz ppl r fuckin retarded usually and half of ppl who buy a luxury car do it w/ little to no research, they just look @ a brand and go oh fuck, that must b a nice car.

i mean maybe im a hypocrite, i drive a bmw but i checked out pretty much every vehicle in the same price range before settling on my car cause it was everything i wanted in a vehicle + right price.

that said kia has been putting out solid vehicles for awhile now and 60k for a luxury one isnt insane @ all. if youre buying a luxury car for status, then yeah i guess kia isnt the way to go. if you wanted one like i did because theyre nicer to drive than a base model economy car, then kia is a great choice right now.

there are categories of "luxury". 30-40k is a "nicer to drive than base model economy car". 70k is way too aggressive. it's a higher price point than most of their current customer base can afford and their brand actually hurts them in the customer group that buys a 70k car

let's see at 70k, i can buy a loaded M3 or Audi RS5, a 550i or Audi S6, or... a Kia.

And that's just the start. Then there are all these issues with a good CPO program and resale value etc. JLR struggled with this problem for years with their cars and they already have a luxury branding, not cheapo $200 and a job welfare wagon

Last edited:
Back