Match Casting / Internet Radio (from TWL)

Geiss

Veteran X
a few of us from the tribes world got it in our heads to do some interweb radio shoutcasting stuff the other night, so here we are...

#Owned-FM in dynamix irc (irc.dynamix.com)

^blight^ gave me the name when i was pissing around with shoutcast off my own box earlier in the week, and its stuck. we have one server up for just radio, unlimited bandwidth and users, and another one that we're reserving strictly for match casting. for now we're decently set on ppl that are DJing / casting matches, so if you're interested, please dont spam us with PMs in there, just come in and chill and let us know once that you'd like to give it a shot...

anyway. if anyone is interested in having their match shoutcasted, or if they want to hear some songs played on the radio, visit us in irc. the topic will usually display who's currently running songs on the server, so just send them a PM with your request. i personally am still in the process of ripping all my cds, and acquiring from friends and neigbors other music, so if i dont have what you request, try to send it to me and i'll be more than happy to play it and give you a shoutout.

one more thing, since this is now in the GD discussion as well. for right now, we only have match casters for the tribes games. if any of the other ladder folks would like to have a match casted, try to pm one of the ops in the channel if you swing by and tell them what game you guys are playing. we'll try to accomidate requests as much as we can with these... if this seems to have more than just a few random requests here and there for a match, we'll look into getting a second match server, and start 'hiring' match casters for other games as well. that's about it. if you have any questions, you can find me in #Owned-FM on dynamix irc guys. thanks alot.

Heh, yeah i ask you to be a shoutcaster for me, and you go and make your own station.

Oh well much <3 Geiss.

Im willing to shoutcast for ya.

vgo

sorry, it was a few of us got together late one night listening to my sh*tty connection try to host a dozen connections... bright idea to pool together and get ded serv's for some fun music and match casting.

#Owned-FM in dynamix irc everyone!

I would love to get some shoutcasting going on for many of the TWL matches. Not to mention that I want to be doing some of the shoutcasting myself too.

Count me in on this Geiss! Shoutcasting was so great on the OSL back with the Version 2 mod, it's about time we picked up the ball on this one too.

shoutcasting (internet "sports" radio) does a real nice job for special matches IN Ravenshield

our finals for the Season 2 of the 5v5 Team Survival League was shoutcasted the other night and went over real big

Back