Mass boy sues school for discrimination

WarAngel

Veteran X
When I read this story I was floored. What a whining crybaby this kid is. He has a crappy gpa, so he wants to blame the school for not 'encouraging' him to do better and this somehow translates into discrimination based on gender.

The basis of his complaint is that girls follow the rules in school and so are treated better and boys are naturally resistant to rule following and therefore are at a disadvantage. Maybe he should visit a school in Japan where no one acts up and everyone follows the rules and *gasp* gets good grades.

Girls are outperforming boys because the school system favors them, said Anglin, who has filed a federal civil rights complaint contending that his school discriminates against boys.

Among Anglin's allegations: Girls face fewer restrictions from teachers, like being able to wander the hallways without passes, and girls are rewarded for abiding by the rules, while boys' more rebellious ways are punished.

Grading on homework, which sometimes includes points for decorating a notebook, also favor girls, according to Anglin's complaint, filed last month with the US Department of Education's Office for Civil Rights.

''The system is designed to the disadvantage of males," Anglin said. ''From the elementary level, they establish a philosophy that if you sit down, follow orders, and listen to what they say, you'll do well and get good grades. Men naturally rebel against this."...

He says that teachers must change their attitudes toward boys and look past boys' poor work habits or rule-breaking to find ways to encourage them academically...

Anglin wants Milton High to give credit for playing sports, as it does for art and drama.

He’d also like administrators to allow students to take classes on a pass-fail basis so more will take advanced courses without risking their grade point average.

Anglin says the school should also drop its community service requirement, because many boys resist it.

I can't believe this kid and his dad are actually trying to sue for discrimination on the basis that boys don't like to behave and they shouldn't be punished for that. He sounds like a typical jock.

Edit: The story I quoted was at the Boston Globe, but you have to register to see it...

so here is a google news search of relevant articles.

http://news.google.com/news?hl=en&lr=&tab=wn&ie=UTF-8&q="milton+high+school"&btnG=Search+News

Last edited:
he actually has a point

not about the favoring kids who follow rules...that's just bullshit
but the part about rewarding extra points for decorating notebooks, art and drama and NOT for things like sports

that should be shored up

the rest is stupid and it DEFINITELY doesn't need to be a federal lawsuit

There's been a lot in the media about how schools are bias towards girls now. It's the result of feminists who bitched and moaned about girls getting shafted like two decades ago. Now the shoe's on the other foot.

Yes, this lawsuit is stupid.

But I'm sure we've all had a teacher who was biased against boys. I know my 5th grade reading teacher was. To this day, I can't even put into words how much I resent the book "Anne of Green Gables," and all the other crappy emo-fem bullshit we were forced to read :/

Points for decorated notebooks? WTF? Go to your library and look at any scholarly journal - it's probably hideously ugly and boring to look at.

Credit should be given for sports, as well as arts and drama. With that I agree - but save for those two points, this kid is a little bitch.

Of course it's stupid. It wouldn't be the in paper if it weren't stupid.

Judging what's happening in America by reading pulp media like this is like trying to learn what your average American family is like by watching "America's Funniest Home Videos".

Last edited:
WarAngel said:
Maybe he should visit a school in Japan where no one acts up and everyone follows the rules and *gasp* gets good grades.

Maybe YOU should visit the schools in Japan so that you can see that both those statements are completely wrong.

RamataKahn said:
Maybe YOU should visit the schools in Japan so that you can see that both those statements are completely wrong.

Yeah, theyre not like that at all. From what I understand of Japanese culture, theyre a lot more like this:

school_rumble_1_2.jpg

At my daughters high school a teacher, in fact the coach, tell the class up front that he does not like girls and he thinks the are not as good as boys, he sexually discriminates against the girls in his class. Not sure he still teaches there. But she told me this at the end of the school year last year, I could have sued the school and the teacher, not sure if he is still there. And my next door neighbor had him for a teacher and confirmed what my daughter said. How can schools let stuff like this go on? And I have known female teachers to do just what this kid is talking about. They treated the boy students differently than the girl students, and the boys in the class did not do well. In fact she failed some of the boy students and said they were not smart enough like girls.

RamataKahn said:

http://www.indiana.edu/~japan/digest9.html

Of course, I am sure that Japanese students are naughty at times and don't do well...but in Japan, if you are dumb you don't even GET to go to High School. Placement in school is by examination (like college SAT type test). If you misbehave they make you go home. Heck! some teachers will make you go home if it is clear you didn't study.

They definitely have more discipline and greater emphasis on performance than American schools and to say they don't is silly.

Also, people calling for classroom credit for playing a sport...don't you already get classroom credit for taking phys ed? Do you think you should get classroom credit for being in the chess club or other extra-curricular activity?
Drama and Art are classes that are taught as part of the curriculum with tests and teaching standards

As far as decorating the notebook...you guys act like men are not creative, yet most of the world famous artists have been men. Hell, most game designers and website designers are men. Decorating a notebook doesn't have to be cutting out pink construction paper hearts. Although, unless the class has something to do with the creative arts, I would suggest that THAT teacher is a dumbass who should be stopped from making the decoration of your study notebook a grade producing activity.

I think there are some decent arguments for a bias towards girls in the school curriculum, but this little fucktard didn't present any of them.

Don't even get me started on Anne of Green Gables. I grew up in Prince Edward island and had to endure the legace of our one famous person every where I went... sigh. Hell she was even on the motherfucking license plate for quite a few years.

on topic: what a whiny motherfucker that needs a good smack upside the head.

Last edited:
Hm. Since when is following fucking rules against male instincts???
That kid is an idiot, and needs to learn that even though he's a boy he'll still have to learn self-control and discipline. And that's not a school thing, it's a life thing.
When he's in the real world is he going to sue his boss because the rule is he has to be at work on time, and as a male who naturally rebels against rules, he should be excused?

the kid is right, america has made a shift to create a dominance of females. The next generation of men will be completely pushed around and controlled by females. I mean fuck look at these kids in their pink shirts

Back