MarioKart for Wii is "out"

Nefilim

Veteran X
But it's PAL. Supposedly there is a way to make it work on NTSC systems though... I guess I will fuck around with it tonight and see if I can't get it to work.

Anyone else here have a NTSC Wii with a Wiikey and know wtf they are doing?

lol wii lol
wowzewow.gif

Uhh you need to get that program that loads regional games. I forget what it is called for the Wii but it may or may not work depending on if Mario Kart makes you update your firmware.

Uhh you need to get that program that loads regional games. I forget what it is called for the Wii but it may or may not work depending on if Mario Kart makes you update your firmware.

you can get software to remove the update from the game image... at least that worked for other recently released titles.

It does require an update... which would brick your Wii if it is NTSC. Going to try RegionFrii, and WiiBrickBlocker to change the ISO to NTSC before burning... hopefully that will work. Let you know in a little while.

It does require an update... which would brick your Wii if it is NTSC. Going to try RegionFrii, and WiiBrickBlocker to change the ISO to NTSC before burning... hopefully that will work. Let you know in a little while.

Awesome. I'm interested in knowing if this works out, let me know :) thanks.

They had a big 'thing' outside of my work the other day for this game. It was a bunch of people dressed up as Mario and Luigi, a huge trailer, tents galore letting everyone play Mario Kart free with those stupid steering wheels.

I didn't play.

They had a big 'thing' outside of my work the other day for this game. It was a bunch of people dressed up as Mario and Luigi, a huge trailer, tents galore letting everyone play Mario Kart free with those stupid steering wheels.

I didn't play.

I bet you were dressed as princess peach

I will wait for my officially licensed Nintendo Mario Kart Wii DVD that I pre-ordered using my local Game Stop. I won't spend hours trying to crack/update/brick my Wii. Instead, I"ll spend that time posting valuable thought-provoking posts on Internet forums.

I need to buy some games for my wii, I think I only have one game for it and I'm not sure what game it is.

im ok with waiting until it actually comes out.

and i finally found a wii to buy for work, and ive been spending everyday playing the wii now...saweet

Awesome. I'm interested in knowing if this works out, let me know :) thanks.

Me and my son have been playing it for a couple of hours now, works perfect! Pretty fun game. Here's how I got it to work:

Update WiiKey firmware to version 1.9s http://www.wiikey.cn/DL/wiikey.1.9s.us.rar

use brickblocker on the ISO to stop it from loading the update http://wbb.rockman18.com/upload/wbb/WiiBrickBlocker_v1_3R2.rar

Patch from PAL to NTSC using the RSRE8P-Standard setting http://animeontv.t35.com/RegionFrii V1.2.1 Wip By Klausus-Kun.zip

Back