Marinade idea

Mantra

Veteran X
I am considering marinading steaks for a dinner party on Saturday night in Innis and Gunn. Normally I would just give it a go, but it is the main course for a party of 12 people so I thought I would see what you guys think first.

I am going to buy a full AAA grass fed fillet and cut it up. Obviously it doesn't need to be marinaded, but I thought it might be a cool idea to add that whiskey flavor. Will probably only marinade it for 8 hours to avoid cooking the steak with the alcohol.

I'm thinking just simple duck fat/chipotle fingerling potato chips as the side

yeah, if you're buying a nice piece and cutting it yourself, don't worry about the marinade

good beef should taste like itself, make a good au jus and keep it on the side if you are set on the whiskey flavor.

I am interested in doing something different, so what I am asking is if you think the flavors of innis and gunn will go well with beef, not whether or not I should marinade it at all.

I'm a canadian prairie boy I know what good beef tastes like, last dinner party for these 12 I cooked (used loosely, obviously it was blue near the bone) three 45oz porterhouse steaks and made a bone marrow topper ;)

I used to be a heavy marinade user. I find a high pepper content seasoning is so much better. I prefer the taste of beef over the taste of marinade.

McCormick's Steak Seasoning works perfectly. Might be called Montreal Steak Seasoning.

Back