Manly-Man Skillz

Great video. It's fairly easy to become average at most repair tasks. Find videos on YouTube, watch, and most repairs can be done.

I've taken apart my washer, dryer, fixed my dish washer, installed a disposal, faucets, AC Thermostat, security cameras, car repairs, weed eaters, lawn mowers. And yes, I used to have a chain saw, but never started it indoors. It broke and I never got another one because Laurie was loaning me out to all the neighbors.

My fascination with how things worked has always been there. I was tearing apart shit before I have a memory of doing it but it has continued my whole life.

I take shit apart just for fun to see how they constructed it

Holy shit, talk about vintage. Bet that works as good as it did new. What year is that?

Those old tools are fantastic but you need to be really careful due to the metal body, they aren't double insulated and there is a big risk of a good shock from disintegrating wiring.

Those old tools are fantastic but you need to be really careful due to the metal body, they aren't double insulated and there is a big risk of a good shock from disintegrating wiring.

They took all the fun out of power tools

I ran a chainsaw indoors once but it was only electric. Easier to take an internal timber frame out than whipping around with the circular saw. Would have used a reciprocating saw but don't have one.

I'd use gas powered chainsaw to cut out the flooring material for my tub drains in new town homes and apartments we plumbed. Way faster than a reciprocating saw. Also would use chainsaw for cutting various framing out of my way when plumbing as well. They call plumbers "butchers" for a reason. :satan:

Not a hand tool but these are still in use. I worked at a plant that used these to go between floors. I can't post my vid.. not allowed too legally. This one is as close as I could find

Not a hand tool but these are still in use. I worked at a plant that used these to go between floors. I can't post my vid.. not allowed too legally. This one is as close as I could find

6WAIn3v.jpg

Actually it is OSHA's big brother MSHA. They don't wait for shit to happen they come looking for it

it looks like it's good for growing mushrooms

Turn it into a trailer

Last edited:
Yeah, those are great for trailers. I have a rusty one I was going to slap on an old Toyota truck just to fuck with people. I also kept the rear axle and leaf springs out of an old minivan in case I wanted to build it into a trailer.

That one is relatively clean and rust free. Put it up on blocks to keep it that way.

Back