Man falls from tree killing wife with Chainsaw

LostDuck said:
Am I right in thinking there is a safety feature on chainsaws?

(I never owned one)
Not in this case. There is a safety bar to keep your hand from going into the chain. But basically, there is a trigger you squeeze. It's like I just edited in my post above, he was probably holding the saw with one hand, his feet slipped, and he naturally gripped the saw squeezing the trigger. A chainsaw is heavy too, it weighs like 10 pounds, so it's not like you can control it with one hand in the air. The mistake was letting his wife work near him while cutting the tree.

Last edited:
NoGodForMe said:
It's like I just edited in my post above, he was probably holding the saw with one hand, his feet slipped, and he naturally gripped the saw squeezing the trigger. A chainsaw is heavy too, it weighs like 10 pounds, so it's not like you can control it with one hand in the air.

Yeah...I sorta mentioned that in post 12 - at least that is what I meant by "outa panic he was still holding onto it (holding onto button to have it 'on').

Yankee said:
best murder plot ever...

Yeah...wouldn't surprise me if a month from now we hear a follow up story about how the guy is now arrested as they found out he took out a million dollar insurance policy 2 weeks ago.

Again they are British so they can't own guns legally. Guess the chainsaw was the only way to kill the bitch and make it look like an accident!

If it's real and not a murder plot, then he's thinking he should have tossed the saw.
But instinct tells you to hold it tightly if using one hand. The first reaction would be not to drop it, or the saw would break or hit himself. So it probably swung behind his head with his hand holding the trigger at full blast.

They sell a trimmer on a stick that works by pulling a cord... :x Thats not going to get the thick-ass branches but you should get professionals to do that anyways. You'll ruin the 'natural' look of the tree otherwise.

Or at least kill your wife.

HOLY SHIT PEOPLE HIRE LANDSCAPERS

wow, that truely sucks ass! I can't imagine the thoughts going through that guys head right now.

Back