Malygos 10

Gonna have to agree with zeph on the threat thing.

Unless you're pulling 4k dps, you shouldn't ever pass your tanks, and if you get close, a hand of salvation will do the trick.

They're not all old, and they demonstrate a mechanic where 6 yards is significant on a boss fight.

Do you want more examples? How about Maly p2 scions?

Do we really have to do this? Why is it so hard for you to acknowledge that 2 points in extended range is something I'll use every cast, and 3 points in something I'll rarely (or never) use isn't a good way to spend talents?
Icy Veins, by itself, shits all over everything you're completely failing at defending.

Shut the fuck up.

They're not all old, and they demonstrate a mechanic where 6 yards is significant on a boss fight.

Do you want more examples? How about Maly p2 scions?

Do we really have to do this? Why is it so hard for you to acknowledge that 2 points in extended range is something I'll use every cast, and 3 points in something I'll rarely (or never) use isn't a good way to spend talents?

Edit: I'm sorry, I thought we were talking about Magic Attunement.
Quoted for dumb.

Keep posting zeph.

You and Pessi are the WoW elitist supernerds I see posting on every other Warcraft community forum.

Your tears fuel me.

Please QQ more.

Icy Veins still seems very viable for 11 points into frost, 3 points in icy floes for 20% cooldown reduction on Icy Veins, 2 in frostbite for a 10% chance to freeze targets while AoEing trash, 3 points in precision for 3% to hit (don't need to explain why that is good), 2 points in Ice Shards for 66% increase in crit damage with frost spells (again blizzard is used to AoE trash so this great), and then you are at Icy Veins.

Only 2 points of that might be considered wasted with frostbite, but the chance to freeze targets so they stay in blizzard and don't wander off to another ranged dps that pulls aggro isn't a bad thing, would take 12 for that because 1 point in improved blizzard would be needed.

Point in improved frost bolt are all good instead of frostbite, either way though getting to Icy Veins is worth it.

Last edited:
Instant cast invis absolutely aids my DPS. Can you think of another way to drop to zero threat during a boss fight? Not even Feign Death does that now. I'm sure I don't have to explain to you how that's significant when you're trying to maximize DPS.
If you're having to invis that's not your fault, you're probably just playing with tanks that have specs as poor as your own and rotations to match them. I have Fade as well for a temporary threat dump but it's one of my only spells I don't have hotkeyed, I never have to use it.

Range I'll give you, I have a mindflay glyph so I don't have to stand just outside melee range to DPS and I love it.

You should never have to alter your own spec to make up for shitty tanks, if you're only doing PvE your spec should reflect that and be maximized for the best DPS output your level of gear can support. If you have garbage points and no true DPS talents to spend them on then by all means spec into useless shit like Imp Counterspell and Magic Absorb, but it's not like people here are suggesting these things to make you worse.

Mmmm, delicious...

If you're having to invis that's not your fault, you're probably just playing with tanks that have specs as poor as your own and rotations to match them. I have Fade as well for a temporary threat dump but it's one of my only spells I don't have hotkeyed, I never have to use it.

Range I'll give you, I have a mindflay glyph so I don't have to stand just outside melee range to DPS and I love it.

You should never have to alter your own spec to make up for shitty tanks, if you're only doing PvE your spec should reflect that and be maximized for the best DPS output your level of gear can support. If you have garbage points and no true DPS talents to spend them on then by all means spec into useless shit like Imp Counterspell and Magic Absorb, but it's not like people here are suggesting these things to make you worse.

I like to live and I'm very often forced to roll with retards, so some things I have to take care of on my own. Like spell resist, and threat mitigation. When I'm the only one who lives through an Anub'Rekhan wipe, something is very wrong. If that really wasn't an issue, we probably wouldn't be having this discussion.

no fight ever poses a threat to you dieing data, EVER. except maybe KT's frostblasting u and your healers sucking. + you have iceblock.

you need icy veins to be competitive as arcane, it's simple :-/

regardless of whatever WWS or stats you can give to justify your claim by showing your dmg on whatever fight, whatever mob, your dmg could be 200 dps at least higher by respeccing and regemming, period :|

So I dual specced my mage. Same ole' FFB spec even though scorch got nerfed. I couldn't find a Glyph of Living Bomb to save my life so I stuck with the scorch glyph. Specced into Arcane for dual (just spent the 11 points to get me to focus magic and will do the rest later) and gave it to my other Mage pal then went back to FFB for Sarth 1 drake. Did about 4200dps in the raid and 4700 on Sarth and from what I hear the glyph will add a significant amount of deepz, we had no spriest and the boomkin in the PUG was not specced Imp ff so I was losing stats to hit obviously. Pretty happy. About a 500dps increase post-patch for FFB.

Back