Make love not spam

Data said:
JuggerNaught.jpg

Golden...

I guess Jugger's never heard of the ROKSO.

http://www.spamhaus.org/rokso/index.lasso
90% of spam received by Internet users in North America and Europe can be traced via redirects, hosting locations of web sites, domains and aliases, to a hard-core group of around 200 known spam operations, almost all of whom are listed in the ROKSO database. These spam operations consist of an estimated 500-600 professional spammers loosely grouped into gangs ("spam gangs"), the vast majority of whom are operating illegally, and who move from network to network seeking out Internet Service Providers ("ISPs") known for lax enforcing of anti-spam policies.

These are the spammers you definitely do NOT want on your network.

Many of these spam operations pretend to operate 'offshore' using servers in Asia and South America to disguise the origin. Those who don't pretend to be 'offshore' pretend to be small ISPs themselves, claiming to their providers the spam is being sent not by them but by their non-existent 'customers'. Some set up as fake networks, pirate or fraudulently obtain large IP allocations from ARIN/RIPE and use routing tricks to simulate a network, fooling real ISPs into supplying them connectivity. When caught, almost all use the age old tactic of lying to each ISP long enough to buy a few weeks more of spamming and when terminated simply move on to the next ISP already set up and waiting.

ROKSO is a "3 Strikes" register. To be listed in ROKSO a spammer must first be terminated by a minimum of 3 consecutive ISPs for AUP violations. IP addresses under the control of ROKSO-listed spammers are automatically and preemptively listed in the Spamhaus Block List (SBL).

For Law Enforcement Agencies there is a special version of this ROKSO database which gives access to records with information, logs and evidence too sensitive to publish here.

JuggerNaught said:
No..im a business man doing marketing. If you dont know the difference then get the fuck out of this thread
Explain how your "marketing" is different from spam. Please. I'm eager to hear this.

If you're not on the ROKSO then you're probably not affected by this Lycos application. I don't see what your issue is with it.

Data said:
Explain how your "marketing" is different from spam. Please. I'm eager to hear this.

If you're not on the ROKSO then you're probably not affected by this Lycos application. I don't see what your issue is with it.
I'm sure you are eager to hear it.

My system is a closed system...its double opt in..you dont get mail out of my network unless you ask for it and confirm your email address.

but i still get spam vigilantes who purposely put their email in, then cry to my host, i remove them and they do it again

Data said:
Except the servers are the ones owned by spammers, or people who host spammers.

Not corporations, schools, governments, etc.

Try some logic. Maybe you'll figure it out.

It puts load on the people SENDING the mail too. bandwidth isn't free for anyone.

IMO, this is a fucking stupid idea.

jsut said:
It puts load on the people SENDING the mail too. bandwidth isn't free for anyone.

IMO, this is a fucking stupid idea.

It runs when the screensaver is running. The amount of data being sent is really minimal compared to what they shall receive with the hundreds/thousands that use it.

Kinda like the seti idea

Data said:
Except the servers are the ones owned by spammers, or people who host spammers.

Not corporations, schools, governments, etc.

Try some logic. Maybe you'll figure it out.

JuggerNaught.jpg

rofl, nice mtg card :rofl:

dds said:
It runs when the screensaver is running. The amount of data being sent is really minimal compared to what they shall receive with the hundreds/thousands that use it.

Kinda like the seti idea

It's minimal for you personally, but say your an ISP, with a userbase of a few million people that all happen to be running this thing. Suddenly, you're ISP is sending a ton of anti-spam emails to spammers.

Guess who is going to ultimately end up paying for the extra bandwidth the ISP is using to send that garbage email?

JuggerNaught said:
not really. those servers are in places like serverseed idiot. its not like there is some dark seedy section of the internet that the spam servers hang out on retard.
This needs to be reposted, to show Jugger's complete lack of intelligence.

Data said:
This needs to be reposted, to show Jugger's complete lack of intelligence.
yeah..lets see..who would know more about this...the guy in the middle east who has gotten as far in the internet as a gaming forum..or the guy that has ran a business doing this before and is about to again.

JuggerNaught said:
yeah..lets see..who would know more about this...the guy in the middle east who has gotten as far in the internet as a gaming forum..or the guy that has ran a business doing this before and is about to again.
Except I already posted a link proving the exact opposite of what you said. I guess that means the "guy in the middle east" knows more about spammers than the "professional". :shrug:

How fucking dense are you?

Data said:
Except I already posted a link proving the exact opposite of what you said.

How fucking dense are you?
seriously..fuck you and your links. There are your links and people reporting on what they think is happening in the spamming world from a distance, there is me and being eyeball deep in it for a couple years and knowing how it actually works.

You have no idea what you are talking about

http://www.hillscapital.com/antispam/
use SpamVampire instead

runs from a webpage, you can even edit the source to affect spammers that are spamming you (I know I'll be doing that shortly.)

Figuring minimum of 40kb/sec per day (not too fast for most), 24 hours a day is 3.375 gigs per day that they could possibly be paying for.

Back