Lordi: Will Finland win at Eurovision?

I've seen Lordi live here in Finland, was an entertaining gig because of the pyro effects. Their music isn't excactly "the shit" but you gotta love the roleplaying.

I think Lordi brings a refreshing twist to the borefest known as the Eurovision song contest. At least the band is not like everyone else.

adrian ng said:
Oh sorry. Your name is real familiar though

Did a bit of mapping for T2, especially one map that everyone hates that managed to get into league play on TWL. Played for the UK in the TWL T2 World Cup (blerghhhhhh). Oh and stole the name from a composer who has an infamous myth associated with him about being responsible for Mozart's death (see the film/play: Amadeus).

Last edited:
DwarfVader said:
Meh, I fucking hate hardcore death metal like that.

but the story is kind of funny.
lmao did you even listen to the song you faggot? its hard rock. they sound like a heavy KISS in that song but dress more like rob zombie than GWAR

hardcore death metal :lol:

Travace said:
lol wanst the 2 reatards acting all stupid on viva la bam show from finland ? and that doesnt make them look bad but a band does?

BRILLIANT !!!!!!!

And those are The Dudesons, or Extremeduudsonit :lol:

Saw their full-length film a couple of days ago, and it was mostly plotless fucking-shit-up in Viva La Bam style (also featuring his crew) but set in rural Finland. Apparently they started doing that before Jackass, and during the fiveish years they're been doing their stuff, every one of the four guys involved has injured themselves quite a lot. One's missing a thumb, another's back's broken twice... They speak English in the film btw.

Hey Fartius, Lordi just performed at the first round of the Eurovision Song Contest. Tomorrow we'll see if they make it to the second round, which is tomorrow night. Lordi's show went well with some reasonable pyrotechnics, and it's definitely a great change from the usual gayness that has been going on the whole night.

But not everyone in the country views the monster squad as un-Finnish. Some Finns say Lordi is right at home, and that its use of flaming dragon-encrusted swords and exploding baby dolls express the warrior spirit of the Vikings.

Finland is awesome. They have no reason to be self-conscious, especially since Finland totally kicks Sweden's ass in every way (sorry, fartiusstinkius. You know it's true deep down.)

They should definitely send these guys.

Also, I had no idea Finland was taking over the EU. That's cool. I still have no idea how it works, though. It strikes me as a figurehead position since it moves around so much.

public said:
The religious right is trying to prevent Lordi from performing, as apparently a well-built KISS fan growling in a rubber monster mask clearly worships Satan. Average rock but nice media event. Finland's been represented by some mediocre middle-of-the road shit act every single time, at least now there's something different. Hate the contest but love the way Lordi annoys the elderly and infirm :lol:
Why don't they send Airut?

Airut is awesome and is Finnish. And I'm pretty sure they don't wear rubber suits and blow up meat.

Kurayami said:
Why don't they send Airut?

Airut is awesome and is Finnish. And I'm pretty sure they don't wear rubber suits and blow up meat.

Lordi's kinda more eager to take part in something like this. Like they said, they're doing if for publicity; it would've taken ages to achieve fame like this if they were to do it the conventional way. And tomorrow will tell if Lordi wins, the competition is two-part so they can ditch the hopeless performers on the first round. Lordi's generally considered a strong contender.

And Lordi performs in English unlike Airut, so that's more Euro-friendly.

public said:
Lordi's kinda more eager to take part in something like this. Like they said, they're doing if for publicity; it would've taken ages to achieve fame like this if they were to do it the conventional way. And tomorrow will tell if Lordi wins, the competition is two-part so they can ditch the hopeless performers on the first round. Lordi's generally considered a strong contender.
I don't know anything about Eurovision, but I'm all for having guys in monster suits spraying blood and blowing up meat in the same place that people like Celine Dion sing.

public said:
And Lordi performs in English unlike Airut, so that's more Euro-friendly.
I don't think that's a big deal, really. Rammstein seems to do OK and 99% of their stuff is in German. I don't understand Rammstein or Airut, but I like them.

The lead singer, Lordi, a former film student who goes by the name Tomi Putaansuu when not wielding a blood- spurting electric chainsaw, is philosophical about the uproar.

-snip-

"In Finland, we have no Eiffel Tower, few real famous artists, it is freezing cold and we suffer from low self-esteem," said Lordi, who has horns protruding from his face mask and sports black fingernails 15 centimeters, or 6 inches, long.

As he stuck out his tongue menacingly, his red demon eyes glaring, Lordi was surrounded by Kita, an alien- man-beast predator who plays flame- spitting drums from inside a cage; Awa, a blood-splattered ghost who howls back-up; Ox, a zombie bull who plays bass; and Amen, a mummy in a rubber loincloth who plays guitar.
Best part :lol:

They should send Petri Nygård

755.jpg

No niin, Petri Nygård, pillumagneetti,
Vitun pelle
Jos räpätessä roiskuu mä oon Miljoonasade,
Älä mua inhoo ku oot vain kade
Mulle on ihan sama jos haluutte kuonoon
Te ootte ihan paskoja teidän nimi on varmaan Don Huonot
Yritän relata vaikka heitän kovaa niittiä
Masturboin, kuuntelen Nylon Beattia
Vittuun Rasmus, Petri pitää kemut
Pilvessä puhun sekavia kuin Aaltosen Remu
Minä ja mikrofoni on täydellinen pari
Pysyn aitona niinkuin Peitsamon Kari
Murkuloista Raptoriin imekää mun munaa!
Te ootte naurettavii niinkuin Dingon paluu
En teitä haluu teksteilläni päden
Aki Sirkesalolta vien muutakin kuin koko käden
Lisää Sitruunapippuria
Eikä homopoppia
Eikä vitun, vitun suomirokkia

Vitun, vitun suomirokki x3

Petri on Maukka Perusjätkä, anna mun olla
Niinkuin Hassisen Kone Rappiolla
Mä pistän teille paskat housuun kohta tippuu,
Heitän Tyrävyön teinit hiuksista vittuun
Jonna Tervomaa, liian vakava likka
Ammun sukkulan sun Venukseen kuuletko Kikka
Ultrabimbot tuokaa Petrille
Mä säteilen enemmän Valoo kuin HIMin Ville
Pillumagneetti tykittää että korvissa soi
Yritän olla enemmän sekaisin kuin Andy McCoy
Ei nää juniorit mulle mitään opeta,
Yritin iskee koko Tiktakin ja ne sano "Hei lopeta"
Et pysty mulle ilkkumaan
Selätän Maijan, pistän sen silmät Vilkkumaan
Tää on ihan tylsää, blaa
Jopa ruotsalaiset sanoo Petri on Ultra Bra fy fan

En ole Eppu, enkä ihan Normaali
Sielunveljeni ovat Liepo, menikö kaaliin?
Vittuun Mustat Lasit, en ole J. Karjalainen
Tai liikaa täs on Dannylla jo Kolmas Nainen
Annoin sille Neljä Ruusua ja Taikapeilin,
Näytin sille mun Tehosekottimen ja kotiin heitin
Sil oli Klamydia ja antanut sen jo moneen,
Mutta sitten tuli Yö ja onneksi löysin Aikakoneen
Ongelmaa hoidin, vaik se mua aluks vähän vaivas,
Setit kunnos, ei oo ees 7. Taivas
Olen Pelle, ja Miljoona on tilin saldo
Mä söin Nikke T.:n ja paskansin Waldon
Olen Alivaltiosihteeri enkä tähän lopeta,
Sain gransonin mutta silti jatkan kuin Popeda
Petri metaforea antaa, silmille santaa,
Te ootte Juustopäitä, ootte mulle Apulantaa

Vitun suomirokki, Petri sylkee
Suomiräppii
Pillumagneetti
Ei jaksa kuunnella enää

Kurayami said:
I don't know anything about Eurovision, but I'm all for having guys in monster suits spraying blood and blowing up meat in the same place that people like Celine Dion sing.

Yeah, it's great. Every single one of the others is just unbelievably gay.
And Lordi had this top hat kinda thing perched on his head, and it had the Finnish flag on it :lol:

Kurayami said:
I don't think that's a big deal, really. Rammstein seems to do OK and 99% of their stuff is in German. I don't understand Rammstein or Airut, but I like them.

Well... Finland's always blamed the language thing as being one of the reasons we've never done well. So now that everybody can perform in English (been like that for a couple of years), the Finnish performers are eager to take that chance.

owner said:
They should send Petri Nygård
That looks like the cover of a rap album.

If there is such a thing as Finnish rap, the universe will implode. That would be like Czech Reggae or Kenyan Viking metal.

What about
Tääl' lakeuksilla Pohjolan he asustelivat,
muuan pakanakansa lähes unhoon vaipunut.
ne vimmaiset, jotka veljiänsä puolustivat,
he, joita kastettu ei aikonutkaan tunnustaa.

He valloittivat, ryöstelivät kunniaksensa
ja etenivät voittoisasti perääntymättä.
Vaan samat aikeet toisella, heitä pahemmalla;
vihollisen vanhan saarella saivat kohdata.

Koskaan eivät he uhkaa väistäneet,
tarttuivat kirveisiinsä jumalten.
Vastus kuitenkin vahvistuneena
päättänyt oli heidät musertaa.

Oli kääntyvä uusi sivu
taistelussa ruttoa vastaan.
Eihän kunniaa voi saavuttaa
jos jättää kokematta kuoleman.

...jäätyi verensä hankeen.

Valtakautensa lepää nyt pohjassa -
ylväs liekki sammui, vaan silti
voittaja saa häpeää kantaa:
he hukuttivat myös kunnian.

Nyt valtaistuimella istuu väärä kuningas,
nälkäisten petojen kaitsija, peto itsekin.
Vaan alistettu kansa tuo ei koskaan katoa;
voi menneisyyteen itse"mme emme unhoittaa.

On aika pysähtynyt.
I have no idea what it means, but it sounded pretty awesome when I was riding through the woods at 4AM on my bike yesterday.

Back