Looking for a sweet (gaming) laptop, where do I look?

benji

Veteran XV
Price isn't a huge factor so long as it's not a complete rip-off.

I know of Alienware and Falcon-NW. Newegg I haven't searched through too much...

But I know you all will point me in the right direction.

For your troubles:

Spoiler

:jawdrop:

Taking a medium picture and resizing it to wallpaper proportions doesn't make it hires. Yes, I know it's petty to complain about a free picture, but I am a petty man.

Laptops, Gaming Laptops & Fastest, Custom Laptops - MALIBAL

Custom desktop killers and fantastic support.

I got the NINE x7200:
Display: 17.3" 1920 x 1080 FHD LED Backlit Glossy Display
Processor: Intel® Core™ i7-980X Extreme, 12MB L3 Cache, 3.33GHz (Desktop CPU)
Memory: (12GB) 12288MB, PC3-10660/1333MHz DDR3 - 3 SO-DIMM
Graphics Card: Dual NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 480M 2GB GDDR5
Hard Drive: 80GB Intel® X25-M SATA II 3Gb/s SSD2 Drive
Hard Drive 2: 500GB 7200rpm 2.5" SATA 300 Hybrid w/ 4GB NAND Flash
Hard Drive 3: 500GB 7200rpm 2.5" SATA 300 Hybrid w/ 4GB NAND Flash
RAID: 0 High Performance (Two Hard Drive Configuration)
Optical Drive Bay: 6X Blu-ray Burner 8X DVD+/-R DL Super-Multi Drive
Operating System: Microsoft® Windows® 7 Ultimate; 64-bit
Wireless: Intel® 6300 Ultimate-N 802.11A/B/G/N LAN and Bluetooth Card
Cooling: IC Diamond 7 Thermal Compound, CPU & GPU
Warranty: 2 Year Ltd. Parts and Labor Warranty with 24/7 USA-Based Support
Extras: Integrated 3.0 Megapixel Web Camera
Extras: Microsoft Office Ready OS with Free 60-Day Trial
Extras: Integrated 9 in 1 Card Reader
Power: Additional Smart Li-ION Battery

Desktop CPU not a mobile. Two video cards in SSL. Three hard drives. 80gb SSD for the boot OS drive and two hybrids in RAID 0 for 1tb of storage goodness.

Rock solid machine that fucking screeeeaaams :cheers:

i strongly recommend getting a gaming desktop instead, if it can feasibly be done. If you have to get a laptop anyway for class or something, get a cheap ass laptop for class, and then build a gaming pc. You can spend the same amount of money doing this that a gaming laptop will cost you, and can later upgrade easily.

I strongly recommend getting a gaming desktop instead, if it can feasibly be done. If you have to get a laptop anyway for class or something, get a cheap ass laptop for class, and then build a gaming pc. You can spend the same amount of money doing this that a gaming laptop will cost you, and can later upgrade easily.

This

The only real reason to get a gaming laptop is if you travel a lot for business but still want to game in the hotel or something.

i strongly recommend getting a gaming desktop instead, if it can feasibly be done. If you have to get a laptop anyway for class or something, get a cheap ass laptop for class, and then build a gaming pc. You can spend the same amount of money doing this that a gaming laptop will cost you, and can later upgrade easily.

yeah this is the best advice. I got a gaming laptop before i started college and it was a huge regret. Plus, computers are so cheap you can definitely get both for what you'd end up spending on the laptop. Get a tablet like the Transformer or some netbook.

12 lbs according to website

which is pretty much only useful if don't need to carry it around, i.e. gaming in a hotel room

Thats the thing about gaming laptops. I bought a Sager and yes, it was sweet when it could play games when it first came out. But after a year or so games start to need more than the specs you've got. Before you know it you have a heavy brick of a laptop with zero battery life thats outgamed by other cheaper laptops.

hah im in the market for a middle of the road laptop. it seems like there's so much out there for laptops now. so many shit netbooks and so many high end gaming laptops that it's difficult to sift through all the bullshit

Taking a medium picture and resizing it to wallpaper proportions doesn't make it hires. Yes, I know it's petty to complain about a free picture, but I am a petty man.

:heart:broke petty. :lol:

Do as I did, ..... just "never mind" it!

Just get yo weenie covered in PUSSY juice :clap:

It's never worth it. Gaming desktop + decent laptop will be cost the same amount and get you further. "Gaming laptops" cost more, run hotter, weigh more, and chew through batteries. You might as well just lug a tower around if you're going to do that.

Back