Looking for a Digital Camera [help]

Pr0d|gE

Veteran XV
In the market for a new digital camera and I don't know much about them myself. Canon seems to be a good choice but I figure I'd let the experts at Tdub help me out.

Not too familiar with features and all just looking for a quality camera between $250 and $350.

yay new camera thread
boo i don't know anything about cameras under $1k

There was a thread on this recently though. Might want to search for it..

I am looking for something in that range also. Trying to get a head start on the Christmas shopping.

Honestly any point and shoot between $250 and $350 will fit your needs and you will most likely never know what you have/are missing.

It's pretty hard to go wrong with a Canon P&S.

If you want a point and shoot, you might as well get an ultra compact. The only thing you will really miss from a larger point and shoot is the 10x optical range. However 3x optical is standard on most ultra compacts these days.

For the best photo in a slim camera, I would recommend the Panasonic DMC FX line. You can find a nice one starting at $200. These have nice lenses, an oversized ISO, and other features you would only expect on larger cameras. Plus they use a standard SD card.

Whatever you get, just make sure it doesn't say "digital image stabilization." If you get an IS camera it should have optical or sensor based stabilization.

Back