Lofar: An Age of Enlightenment

Rigel

Veteran XX
Lofar

The name for me brings a sense of pride, of joy. A reminicent of a time when Tribes was Tribes, and power was with the most experienced.

I used to play the Homelan servers religiously in T1 (wasn't much choice), and the one man everybody thanked for the great mods was Lofar himself. So I ask you, where is this great man? Has he gone the way of the Dodo? Is he involved with T:V? If not, wheres his input? Personally, I'd like to see a revival of older ideas, from when Tribes was a skill to be mastered.

There used to be a time when there were elders of Tribes, those which we looked up to, and damdit such a time should be revived for T:V.

P.S.-Lets see if we can hunt down another great player, [HF] Tapcom, I'd give my life to say hello to that guy again.

I have been in this community since the start of the beta of Tribes1. I have never heard the name "Lofar". :-\

It doesn't surprise me that some of you haven't heard of these people, since they only played on Homelan.

Lofar designed a good deal of maps for ShifterX, I believe his most well played was "The Machine," a truely great map.

And Tapcom was an admin for Homelan who I came to know rather well, and was a proverbial god at the game.

And as far as chilling out goes, no, I won't. Because I remember a time when playing games was about having fun AND making friends. Thats what I've always loved most about Tribes, the Tribemenship (I think I just coined a new word...).

I don't understand, I don't care to, and I simply adore Lucius's new sig, if I may sound so blatantly homosexual in thaying tho.

Rigel said:
Lofar

The name for me brings a sense of pride, of joy. A reminicent of a time when Tribes was Tribes, and power was with the most experienced.

I used to play the Homelan servers religiously in T1 (wasn't much choice), and the one man everybody thanked for the great mods was Lofar himself. So I ask you, where is this great man? Has he gone the way of the Dodo? Is he involved with T:V? If not, wheres his input? Personally, I'd like to see a revival of older ideas, from when Tribes was a skill to be mastered.

There used to be a time when there were elders of Tribes, those which we looked up to, and damdit such a time should be revived for T:V.

P.S.-Lets see if we can hunt down another great player, [HF] Tapcom, I'd give my life to say hello to that guy again.

your life is a video game, ctrl k irl

Back