Local/National News: Female Gang of Wal-Mart Theives, Only Steal Ink Cartridges

ShutEye

Veteran X
so they caught these four women, who are suspected to be a branch of larger gang/organization of some 90+ (number not age) women nation wide, who steal _only_ Hewlett Packard printer cartridges from Wal-Marts...

i have no idea what is happening in this world when i turn on the news and i hear a story like this.

fucking wal-mart never has my ink cartridges - these women should get life in prison.

no shit, they cost like $30 or $35 and theyre small as hell. Ink cartridges are a fucking racket. HP made a printer, and it was cheaper to THROW IT AWAY AND BUY A NEW ONE when it ran out of ink as opposed to just buying new ink cartridges.

I think I read HP actually takes an overall loss on most printers and makes up for it on the Ink Cartridge/parts end...

there are schools in my area that have printers going unused because they ran out of ink.

its fucking pathetic.

i think laser printers are cheaper in the long run...

sure toner cartriges are more expensive, but they last for freaking ever...

i have a 5 year old hp laserjet 4 that has never needed new toner. it hasn't been mine that whole time, but the ppl who owned it before me never replaced it either to my knowledge. and i've printed probablly a thousand or so pages since i've had it.

cool. maybe these thoughtful ladies will send ink companies a message that THEY'RE CHARGING WAY TOO FUCKING MUCH FOR A TINY PLASTIC BOX WITH INK IN IT.

:fu: :fu: :fu: :fu: :fu: :fu:

actually hp's new line of home deskjets (5500, 7150, 7350, 7550) use a new type of hp ink cartridge. they each do 350 sheets of paper. the tri-color still costs $34, but the black only costs $20 now. and if you want the long lasting photos with the photo ink replacement for blakc. well that is only $24 dollars.

very nice prices for how much they can do. and the printers are about $150 (each model does 4800 dpi btw).

hp stopped doing this. if you buy an hp laser machine it comes with a first full cartridge.

the brand new color models they have are sweet and compact.

great color as well.

[OO]Machine said:
no shit, they cost like $30 or $35 and theyre small as hell. Ink cartridges are a fucking racket. HP made a printer, and it was cheaper to THROW IT AWAY AND BUY A NEW ONE when it ran out of ink as opposed to just buying new ink cartridges.

I bought a lower end cannon printer to get the 2 sets of ink cartridges that came with it. Saved me 40 dollars! I then took the printer and sold it to a computer for 20$

}x{ EViL JiM said:
I bought a lower end cannon printer to get the 2 sets of ink cartridges that came with it. Saved me 40 dollars! I then took the printer and sold it to a computer for 20$

computers carry cash with them?

Back