[LIVE] NASA Curiosity Update

Is this the big announcement? I heard whatever they found turned out to be BS...but that might have been BS.... so i don't know who to believe. tehvul, its on you

Is this the big announcement? I heard whatever they found turned out to be BS...but that might have been BS.... so i don't know who to believe. tehvul, its on you

They already said it wouldn't really be shaking up the religious, or philosophical folks. There is a reason they are announcing it at a geology convention. I think people took the whole "one for the history books" thing a bit too far.

Im really tired of this NASA cockteasing. Also, the fact that they found no organics in an old riverbed makes the prospect of finding any signs of former life seem extremely unlikely.

Im really tired of this NASA cockteasing. Also, the fact that they found no organics in an old riverbed makes the prospect of finding any signs of former life seem extremely unlikely.

Yeah I don't think signs of former life are particularly high on the priority list for mars. I'm more interested in all of the planets Kepler keeps discovering.

Not really sure what they are hoping to achieve by sending that rover to mars actually.

Curiosity landed in an old riverbed so fossils should have been found if nothing else. We will see what they say.

EDIT: I know there are salamander/lizards on Mars, but I doubt they will admit it.

Last edited:
yeah they found evidence of life on mars, but then the religious right / republican science committee forced them to hide the findings - that's why its no longer 'one for the history books'

Has detected organic compounds. We just have to be sure they didn't come from Earth. ~ John Grotzinger

27zfbq9.jpg

Last edited:
Back