LG G3 vs SG S5 vs HTC One M8

I went from the Note III to the M8 and while I do not miss Samsung's bloat and Touchwiz, I do miss the size of the phone. M8 is a great phone, though. The dual cameras can do some pretty cool things, if you like taking pictures. Overall, the M8 is a very well polished phone.

However, simply because of the size, I'd hold out for the G3. You'll likely hate Touchwiz coming from an iPhone, so I'd skip that one if I were you.

You should also throw the OnePlus One into the mix:

Home - OnePlus.net

Last edited:
I don't even know what Touchwiz is.

I'm interested in battery life on the G3. Everyone was saying how the battery on G2 is excellent compared to other phones, but the G3 seems to be lacking in that department compared to it's main competitors.

I have the g2 and it's a good phone overall but I really, really despise the location of the volume buttons. After over a half a year you would think they would become intuitive, nope. Not even close. I still hit the glass covering the lens since they are right by each other.

Also, after a time, the buttons start sticking, so when you are trying to turn it up a notch, it sticks and goes all the way to the highest level blasting your ears in the process.

Battery life on my wifes G2 is amazing. Her never remembering to charge her phone made that a prime selling point when she got it.

I have the g2 and it's a good phone overall but I really, really despise the location of the volume buttons. After over a half a year you would think they would become intuitive, nope. Not even close. I still hit the glass covering the lens since they are right by each other.

Also, after a time, the buttons start sticking, so when you are trying to turn it up a notch, it sticks and goes all the way to the highest level blasting your ears in the process.

I got accustomed to them after day one and have none of those problems.

Do you have the verizon model? That one has different buttons.

Can't speak about G3, but G2 is awesome. I once forgot my charger when I went down to ex-gf's hometown for a weekend. Didn't end up needing it.

G3 has a bit different design for the volume buttons, but I think the location is the same.

Can't speak about G3, but G2 is awesome. I once forgot my charger when I went down to ex-gf's hometown for a weekend. Didn't end up needing it.

I hope I'll be able to say the same thing about G3 battery. As soon as I get the confirmation that it's just as good, I'm getting it.

Is there anyone who thinks Samsung or HTC are better phones then the LG?

I got accustomed to them after day one and have none of those problems.

Do you have the verizon model? That one has different buttons.
Verizon model.

Battery life is great however it comes at the cost of the weight of the phone which most quickly become accustomed to.

i miss having a physical button to use for the camera shutter instead of using the touchscreen. like most phones one of the volume buttons still takes a photo, but its so close to the lens on the g2 that your finger is usually going to get in the shot. even if you finger doesn't get in the way its extremely awkward to push a button there when holding the phone in landscape orientation for a photo.

also id prefer the power button not be in the middle of the volume buttons, thats kind of dumb. i accidentally hit it and turn off the screen all the time. they should just put the power button on the top edge if they really want the volume buttons there.

I can't handle plastic phones coming from iPhone the htc one m8 is a very good phone

Front facing speakers really good quality phone

Apple is an american comapny. We need to support the economy as Obama brings us back to being the elite in country. Therefore you should get an iphone. Support the country!

Back