Lexapro: Anyone take it?

yes, 10 mg, and yes it does help. I take it for MDD and mild GAD. My cousin takes it as well, I'm not sure what she was diagnosed with but she has definitely gotten less crazy and intense.

If you considering it, depending on your insurance co-pay for brand name drugs, ask the doc for 20mg pills and just cut them in half. Saves me $100 every 2 months

As far as side effects, I got headaches the first week or so, but advil takes care of those easy. I tried several other anti-depressants and I can easily say lexapro is the mildest of them all. your doc might prescribe you something to sleep if you're having trouble. Side affects are different for everyone though. Took me 2+ weeks to notice any change(very slight) and my cousin claims she felt drastically different after only a couple of days

Last edited:
yes, 10 mg, and yes it does help. I take it for MDD and mild GAD. My cousin takes it as well, I'm not sure what she was diagnosed with but she has definitely gotten less crazy and intense.

If you considering it, depending on your insurance co-pay for brand name drugs, ask the doc for 20mg pills and just cut them in half. Saves me $100 every 2 months

As far as side effects, I got headaches the first week or so, but advil takes care of those easy. I tried several other anti-depressants and I can easily say lexapro is the mildest of them all. your doc might prescribe you something to sleep if you're having trouble. Side affects are different for everyone though. Took me 2+ weeks to notice any change(very slight) and my cousin claims she felt drastically different after only a couple of days

yea i was told to take 10mg as well.. i have gad and depression as well.. it started once i got mono, i believe i was fatigued from the mono at first then after a really bad fight with my ex a few months ago it triggered these...

Maybe you're just sad? Dr. Scuzzle prescribes Jujubees and Legally Blond 2: Red, White, and Blue. These are sure to cure the little squigglies in your tumtum that are making you grumpies.

prozac nation

"a really bad fight with my ex a few months ago it triggered these"

:lol: Life is tough, get over it

prozac nation

"a really bad fight with my ex a few months ago it triggered these"

:lol: Life is tough, get over it

im trying to get over it. i used to think the same thing, but now that its happened to me, its so hard to feel myself again.. im always fatigued and never wanna do anything..

if you believe you are sick you will be.

you are not chronically depressed, this is a short-term thing. treating it with a medication is for the long-term. its overkill. you need behavioral therapy, not drugs. the side effects are not worth it.

that's my opinion.

CBT for the win
go talk to someone dont take pills unless you cant live life to the fullest without it. Try therapy first.

People used to just go get shitfaced at the saloon for a month. Now they pop pills and come out of their "hangover" months, years later and realize they haven't recovered in the slightest.

The thing about SSRI's (Lexapro, Zoloft, Prozac, etc.) is that there's a loading phase. You won't take a pill and feel better in a few days. It should take roughly two weeks for the drug to be saturated enough in the neurotransmitters for there to be a noticeable effect. But lexapro is a good drug, consider, also, cymbalta (which is slightly different, an SNRI).

Is your therapist a psychiatrist?

You should consider setting an end date if you start taking the medication. You want to establish a time when you will start to ween off of the medication.

yea i was told to take 10mg as well.. i have gad and depression as well.. it started once i got mono, i believe i was fatigued from the mono at first then after a really bad fight with my ex a few months ago it triggered these...

Advice_dog_go_outside.jpg

Back