Let's compose something together

Bomberman laid a bassline its on your ftp and I have it in my rough mix as well.

As far as the out of timing issue I think my parts might be out of allignment in your session possibly... all of my end harmony parts are 1 bar counted simply 1e+a2e+a3e+a4e+a ending on 1 sliding away.
Bomberman's bassline is not useable imo, it's off key. I lined your parts up as best I could, you can hear later when I post my mix and tell me if it's right.

Do i put this on our site?

edit: You took me out completely? not cool.

they said remove the 1st lead so you can either do it again or we all can split it... I said Animism should be given an area so he could play through the 1st part... I don't need another part but can its up to you guys...

Your part is still very much all through the end... I love your harmony parts.

Danke Merranza.. I am curious what GD would think of it actually... I think we will end up prolly having like 4 different mixes by the time we are done with different spins etc...

Bomberman's bassline is not useable imo, it's off key. I lined your parts up as best I could, you can hear later when I post my mix and tell me if it's right.

I haven't heard anyone else say it's off-key. If you'd like, I could record another take, but again I don't know where it's off-key. It was recorded before Alvarez's solo was put in, so maybe there is some conflict there that wasn't there when I first recorded it?

nothing jumped out to me either bomberman... It was kinda odd at first hearing 2 bass lines on the end (yours and mine) but it didn't conflict that I noticed.

I'm just not good enough yet to add my touch to your masterpiece :) And I would probably add an electro touch to your song also which you probably don't want ;)

hmmm. I really liked the keyboard part you cut after my part. I don't like the way my part sounds, but that is because of the dithering I believe I will have my gear here tomorrow night and I will redo my part.

I haven't heard anyone else say it's off-key. If you'd like, I could record another take, but again I don't know where it's off-key. It was recorded before Alvarez's solo was put in, so maybe there is some conflict there that wasn't there when I first recorded it?

nothing jumped out to me either bomberman... It was kinda odd at first hearing 2 bass lines on the end (yours and mine) but it didn't conflict that I noticed.

Here's a sample:
http://www.audioeffect.com/tw/Bad_Bass.mp3

Do you think that bass matches the guitars? The E is *sorta* in tune, but you can really tell on the slide into the third note that it's off, and the timing over Minstrel's part could be tighter. I'm not trying to put anyone down, but like with bd's solo, I think it brings down the mix.

I don't think something is right on your end dude... you hear his part in my mix? its fine and lined up well... lemme show ya one sec.

hmmm. I really liked the keyboard part you cut after my part. I don't like the way my part sounds, but that is because of the dithering I believe I will have my gear here tomorrow night and I will redo my part.
Yea, I didn't do anything to your parts other than adjust levels and pan the solo a bit. I could put the synth back in and cut my guitars, but it just can't have both together, the timings are different and it doesn't gel to me. We'll see what others have to say.

Last edited:
Back