Let us talk about the Nintendo DS, as well as the new slot1 devices ok cool

Phalanx

Contributor
Veteran X
I've recently picked up my DS again, a nifty little thing it is.

1) I always thought the stylus was a great addition, and opened up the possibilities for different genres of games to mobile gaming. Like Ouendan. Fucking sweet. But where are the starcraft/c&c/rts shits? I heard sim city was coming, and i heard mention of a Black & White. I definitely want to play those. Anything like these released already?

2) The new slot1 carts look awesome. The save system and patching rom nonsense on my m3 was the lamest part. I also don't use homebrew stuff (or i would more than love to ditch it for an easier system). plus the UI looks better. Anyone have one of these m3 simply/r4 thingamajiggers?

3) Begin the list of cool games to play:

• Ouendan
  • Clubhouse Games
  • Mario Kart
  • Castlevania
  • NSMB

are my top 5 games played, time wise. add yours, friends :sunny:

I don't have a slot 1 card but I would suggest getting an R4DS since it's the exact same thing as the M3 Simply and since it is from the manufacturers of the card, you'll get firmware updates sooner. I am waiting for the G6DS though since I don't feel like dealing with MicroSD cards and would hate to misplace it and I hope the G6DS will have some added functionality with the G6 Lite that I have.

My list is close to yours:
  • Final Fantasy III
  • Clubhouse Games
  • Mario Kart
  • Lunar Knights
  • NSMB

I usually find myself playing Clubhouse Games (The game Sevens) when I need to pass a bit of time.

Clubhouse Games is the best imo. It's almost always in my DS, great to pass the time. Except the pool game, that blows more ass then liberace.

I have yet to purchase any slot1 device for my DS lite. Any recommendations? I'd prefer to not have to flash my ROM.

There's a Nigga Stole My Bike game?

that could be the homebrew sensation of the year

I have yet to purchase any slot1 device for my DS lite. Any recommendations? I'd prefer to not have to flash my ROM.

you won't need to flash anything, most if not all of the modern units don't require that. the one's mentioned already, the m3 simply/r4 whatever, have the passme functionality included already. all in one solution, cept for the memory :)

Why did you choose the R4DS over the M3 DS simply? I haven't found any information about why one is better than the other.

They're the exact same thing excelt the R4DS is from the manufacturer so it will get firmware updates before the M3 Simply. The first hardware version of them was the exact same thing except one little solder made an R4DS an M3 Simply or vice versa. It has since been changed so people can't do that.

They're the exact same thing excelt the R4DS is from the manufacturer so it will get firmware updates before the M3 Simply. The first hardware version of them was the exact same thing except one little solder made an R4DS an M3 Simply or vice versa. It has since been changed so people can't do that.

I see. Thanks for the info.

I just got my R4DS in yesterday, it's silly easy

I loaded up Castlevania from a rom without problems, it takes like 40 seconds and you can put a bunch of games on a card. Highly recommend it, get the r4ds, it's the same as the m3 only updated faster

edit: i ordered my r4ds from echostore.com on tues at 9pm and got it on thursday

R4, just got one, no flashing, no patching, everything just works. Paired it with a 2gb sandisk card, no issues so far.

Anyone looking for memory cards, check out digital 4 less. I just got a Sandisk 2gb micro sd card for $34.68 shipped and a 4GB Sony Memory Stick Pro Duo for my PSP for $59.86 shipped. It looks like you have to order through pricegrabber.com to get it so cheap though.

I'm buying a DS Lite as a gift.

What is the best carrying case/is one necessary?

Obviously getting Nintendogs/Lab
What's the best Pokemon game?
Brain Age good for kids?

blub, internet is helping but any info you guys have would be appreciated

Back