Legions fans...

You could always just post it here since there are only about 20 people from TW with GGE accounts. (judging from the number of people in the TW group at GGE)

You could always just post it here since there are only about 20 people from TW with GGE accounts. (judging from the number of people in the TW group at GGE)

I said my info is not linkable.

The link I posted goes into the back story of Legions and shows a few vids of the game, nothing more. You can't see it?

Back Story
ORIGINS

Dozens of millenia ago, the human race was confined to a single planet, Earth. Nation-states battled for dominance; political intrigue and military might were the typical affairs of the era. A tiny rural territory, Soluvis, was traded to a neighboring nation, Trajan. The inhabitants of Soluvis stubbornly rejected Trajan rule, and began a decades long war for independence, one that grew to include many of the surrounding nations. After nearly a century of war, a new nation was born from the rubble, Denatia. Denatia was ruled by a Council, made up of 8 members, which promised a new era of peace and prosperity for the entire world.

After only a hundred years, Denatia had expanded its borders to include every surrounding nation under a single glorious banner. Politics, the livelihood of every citizen, was considered extremely important in daily life, and those strong and powerful enough to enter the Empire's government were ruthless, clever, and strong military leaders. The Empire of Denatia was a careful balance of these young, brash politicians and the enlightened elders, who believed the purpose of this Empire was to provide the ultimate civilization. The Empire's emphasis on education and prosperity was exceeded only by its undying thirst for expansion. During that time it was said that one had to look to the heavens to see a place where the Empire had not yet expanded... but the Empire had eyes, too.

STAR - BLOSSOM

Earth had been a verdant world but centuries of reckless warfare and unbounded greed for natural resources had taken a great toll on the planet. Overpopulation was an inescapable issue, and it's many essential resources, used brashly in the centuries of the past, were growing increasingly impossible to find. The once-fertile world was entering its twilight, an uncomfortable fact of which the ruling council of the Denatian Empire was well aware. With their world subjugated, the Denathians looked to the heavens for a new era of exploration, wealth, and expansion. But the Council did not have the vision to look past the crushing needs of the Imperial populace and move to the stars. It was not until Tisius, Emperor the First of the Denathian Empire, took office in the wake of a bloody coup, that the stars came within the Empire's reach.

Within a decade, the first probes were sent out to the nearest stars to find suitable planets. The probes were fast in comparison to the starships that would eventually carry colonists to new potential habitable worlds. Within another decade, as the first confirmations of habitable worlds arrived, the first colonizing ships began lumbering towards the heavens. By the end of that century, the first messages from thriving colony worlds started drifting in over the ether.

Colonization gave the overcrowded and decaying landscape of Gaia a new focus. Suddenly, the masses had a chance to find a better life, offworld. A huge proportion of the planetary industrial outpupt when towards moving people offworld. It took centuries, but eventually, Gaia's population shrank until the world was viable again.

And the Denathian Empire spread over the stars.

SINS OF THE PAST

But the colonies, linked only by the tenuous interstellar laser beams carrying coded messages, became members of the Empire in name only. Even the nearest colony to Earth, Imaius, was over five light years of travel away. By this time, power once again no longer rested in the seat of the Emperor. The new Imperial Council soon discovered that it could issue all the edicts it liked, but there were no binding ties between it and its colonies.

The Imperial Council, realizing this, quickly begun more focused research on faster than light travel, and one momentous day, just outside the orbit of Earth's moon, a test device broke the light speed barrier. Within a few short months, the entire landscape of interstellar politics shifted. The hyperspatial drive was the key to domination of the new Empire, and within two years, every colony had received a visit from the Imperial Armada, demanding, in not very polite terms, that they confirm their previous allegiance to the Imperial Council.

Most, never veering very far from the Imperial line, accepted this new, more direct control without much hesitation. Most colonies did not have the resources to repel an orbital assault, so even those that had enjoyed their newfound freedom didn't have an opportunity to disagree. A few did put up a fight, and were swiftly bombed into oblivion by the Empire's massive battleships. And the Empire became a tightly knit group again. Eventually interstellar travel became affordable to the common man, and with a few weeks travel it was possible to visit relatives long-inaccessible. Because of the difficulties of transmitting information faster than light, swift messenger ships became the primary means of interstellar communication. The worlds brought under direct control of the Empire in this era are known as the Core Worlds.

THE INSURGENCY

As always, there are those who wish to explore, to go beyond that which is known. The Empire was always delighted to expand, and it grew, gradually over the millenia, to such a size that even hyperspatial travel was insufficient to keep everything cohesive. The planets within a month's travel of Earth were under the Empire's protection and rule, but as settlers went further out, they soon found that it took the Empire months to respond to their communications, much less send aid if they needed it. And if they were to depose the Imperial rulers of their world, who would report it...?

These fringe worlds made up the Wilderness, the area of wild and uncontrolled nation-states at the fringes of Imperial-known space. Some worlds were ruled wisely and well, while others were under direct control of ruthless despots. Local military might was the key to a stable government, and soon Legions grew up all over the place, sometimes representing the interests of their homeworld, somtimes themselves... or sometimes the highest bidder. Our story begins just as the news of deposed Imperial rulers on the outer planets reaches the homeworld...

I said my info is not linkable.

The link I posted goes into the back story of Legions and shows a few vids of the game, nothing more. You can't see it?

The first link automatically takes you to your account (whatever account you login to).

The new link is to Legions. Yes I can see it, but that didn't help everyone else here. Thanks for going ahead and posting the story.

Also, I might give someone a beta invite if they need it (I'll only give one though).

Please, let this not be yet another cock tease. I dont care if it's good or bad, I'll play this till my teeth bleed from not brushing them.

You Tease like a blonde. blondes like Tim Aste.

I love em if this is real, but they really need to quit with the teaser stuff, this is the most brutalized franchise fanbase around. It gets ridiculous.

Of course in usual fashion if they do release some Tribes like game, they'll do it at exactly the same time some huge blockbuster franchise releases their new game. Ever notice everytime a tribes game is released it coincides with a new release of Half Life etc. Who's in charge of marketing?

Last edited:
Back