Legality check ( age Movies/games )

Maraxus

Veteran XV
Is it a actual LAW that prevents minors from seeing rated R movies without an adult?
I was in the understanding that it was just a recomendation?

Same with rated M / T ect on video games?

check.jpg

Rated R = under 17 not admitted without an adult.

Meaning if you're 17, you can buy a ticket and see the movie yourself. An adult can buy you a ticket to 'admit' you.

No i want evidence so i can write to the guy who wrote that bit about GTA / Take 2 interactive ect.

And i was always under the impresion that Movie theaters checked id /ect by policy not by law. But because its an industry standard ( ie: they wont give movies to theaters that dont do so)

Fool said:
Rated R = under 17 not admitted without an adult.

Meaning if you're 17, you can buy a ticket and see the movie yourself. An adult can buy you a ticket to 'admit' you.
yes but is it a LAW or just a industry standard?

WarMachine said:
The movie ratings set by the MPAA are just industry standards that the theater corporations follow.
Ah see i thought so, there is no law that prevents this. But im sure MPAA wont sell movies to any theater companys that dont follow.

you get carded for just about anything nowadays, games, movies

whatever happended to only having to worry about being carded if you were under 21 trying to buy beer

im waiting on the senario of kid outside of EB Games proposing a deal with people walking by.. "psst hey mr, score me a copy of GTA3? theres a 20 in it for ya"

Back