left my phone in the rain

BlackMyst

Veteran X
by accident. it was out for about ten minutes. I brought it in, took out the battery, let it dry for a while and turned it back on.

It was perfectly fine for a while and now the screen is straight up white. No graphics, no display, nothing. both screens too. the speaker, the mic, the button pad, everything else still works. any suggestions?

Let it dry out for 3-5 days before using it again.

STOP turning it on! You could short it out.

I got thrown in a pool with my phone last year and I let it dry out for a few days. It worked fine after that.

by accident. it was out for about ten minutes. I brought it in, took out the battery, let it dry for a while and turned it back on.

It was perfectly fine for a while and now the screen is straight up white. No graphics, no display, nothing. both screens too. the speaker, the mic, the button pad, everything else still works. any suggestions?

connection from screen to the chip was shorted out and is fucked

An old man turned ninety-eight
He won the lottery and died the next day
It's a black fly in your Chardonnay
It's a death row pardon two minutes too late
And isn't it ironic... don't you think

It's like rain on your wedding day
It's a free ride when you've already paid
It's the good advice that you just didn't take
Who would've thought... it figures

Mr. Play It Safe was afraid to fly
He packed his suitcase and kissed his kids goodbye
He waited his whole damn life to take that flight
And as the plane crashed down he thought
"Well isn't this nice..."
And isn't it ironic... don't you think

Well life has a funny way of sneaking up on you
When you think everything's okay and everything's going right
And life has a funny way of helping you out when
You think everything's gone wrong and everything blows up
In your face

A traffic jam when you're already late
A no-smoking sign on your cigarette break
It's like ten thousand spoons when all you need is a knife
It's meeting the man of my dreams
And then meeting his beautiful wife
And isn't it ironic...don't you think
A little too ironic...and, yeah, I really do think...

Life has a funny way of sneaking up on you
Life has a funny, funny way of helping you out
Helping you out

Sounds like the connection to your screen got owned.

I went swimming with my phone for an hour when I realized it my phone had been off. I put it in the oven on low heat for 6 hours and it worked fine.

let it dry before you use it...I took a dive in the polarbear pit decked out in snowboard gear and my phone was submerged in water for more then a minute. I let it dry out and it works fantastically.

technically pure water is not a conductor. Its only the impurities in water that cause it to conduct electricty. So if the rain was pure H20 with nothing else mixed in your fine.

good luck with that

technically pure water is not a conductor. Its only the impurities in water that cause it to conduct electricty. So if the rain was pure H20 with nothing else mixed in your fine.

good luck with that

Even if this were so there are plenty of minerals on and in the phone that would mix with the "pure" water as soon as it hit it.

Pure water has a low electrical conductivity, but this increases significantly upon solvation of a small amount of ionic material water such as hydrogen chloride. Thus the risks of electrocution are much greater in water with the usual impurities not found in pure water. Any electrical properties observable in water are from the ions of mineral salts and carbon dioxide dissolved in it. Water does self-ionize where two water molecules become one hydroxide anion and one hydronium cation, but not enough to carry enough electric current to do any work or harm for most operations. In pure water, sensitive equipment can detect a very slight electrical conductivity of 0.055 µS/cm at 25°C. Water can also be electrolyzed into oxygen and hydrogen gases but in the absence of dissolved ions this is a very slow process since very little current is conducted.

Except raindrops coalesce around crap before they fall, so... good luck with that. :D

I like how the people who failed chemistry tried to call me out on the fact that rain does not conduct electricity. Rain is, generally, pure water simply due to the fact of how it is precipitated.

Rain, thus, does not conduct electricity and cannot short a phone. If you're a dirty fuck with crumbs and shit all over your phone then it's not rain water, is it?

Back