League of Legends

Status
Not open for further replies.
yeah the community features and modes are lacking imo. They're getting better but definitely still well behind HoN. The community itself seems a lot friendlier though so thats nice not to have to deal with all the angsty hon people bitching.

I don't like that there is no random champion mode, but I guess since they're not free and need to be unlocked that makes some sense. Although you could just have random mode and make it random for all of them, don't see why that would hurt their sales at all.

im not a wow fanboy and it doesn't seem forced at all to me. you just aren't used to it/don't like it. I enjoy it as it feels like it adds an extra element to me.

all of these elements are mmo/progress oriented elements. this isnt a progress oriented game. you dont progress in anything, beyond stats.

theyre just another artificial form of replay value like achievements thrown in as a cheap compensator for ingame replay value.

does it add to the fun? sure why not... the question is, would you still play the game if all of these frills were removed. if you can honestly say yes, then its a good game.

think of it as a movie with a bad plot trying to compensate with A rank actors and nudity

yeah the community features and modes are lacking imo. They're getting better but definitely still well behind HoN. The community itself seems a lot friendlier though so thats nice not to have to deal with all the angsty hon people bitching.

I don't like that there is no random champion mode, but I guess since they're not free and need to be unlocked that makes some sense. Although you could just have random mode and make it random for all of them, don't see why that would hurt their sales at all.

i think the reason behind this, which hon fails at, is LoL does an excellent job of easing newbs in and not even allowing you to play ranked until you have enough games under your belt (lvl20).

with hon, you get that tutorial hidden behind that apple and thats it... off the bat youre thrown into stats games where people WILL care about stats and will verbally rape you for making the slightest mistake. unless of course you figure out theres a nostats option and theres only like 5 games up... even then half the players will be experts trying out new strats/heroes/etc.

just as in life, environment determines personality.

I get that point and all, but when games are marked "noob only game" people shouldn't be qq'ing about someone being a noob. no shit someone is a noob, he's probably the only dude with any business playing in the game. :)

they were having server issues after the season one patch because tons of people were logging on, so they disabled them to reduce server strain. It'll come back soon I'd imagine.

I get that point and all, but when games are marked "noob only game" people shouldn't be qq'ing about someone being a noob. no shit someone is a noob, he's probably the only dude with any business playing in the game. :)

when riot opens the esports prospect on LoL (and not just a noob game), they also open themselves up to equal scrutiny :)

they were having server issues after the season one patch because tons of people were logging on, so they disabled them to reduce server strain. It'll come back soon I'd imagine.

they should just make that an offline feature then. huge waste of resources to network up to 9 bots for a single person.

they should just make that an offline feature then. huge waste of resources to network up to 9 bots for a single person.

Good call. It's been completely disabled for about a week now :(

I wanted to try this game, but I don't wanna piss people off by playing my first games ever against players

Good call. It's been completely disabled for about a week now :(

I wanted to try this game, but I don't wanna piss people off by playing my first games ever against players

but practice modes best capability is having your friends with you to play against bots. specifically a teacher player showing subordinates the finer points. so it has to use servers and be online.

and i dont believe the mastery system is just a tacked on feature. garen is a perfect example. through runes and masteries i can have him be either a tank or a ganker. without those runes and masteries he would just be a dps character.

but practice modes best capability is having your friends with you to play against bots. specifically a teacher player showing subordinates the finer points. so it has to use servers and be online.

and i dont believe the mastery system is just a tacked on feature. garen is a perfect example. through runes and masteries i can have him be either a tank or a ganker. without those runes and masteries he would just be a dps character.

also, when i play shaco, i have masteries so that when I solo the blue golem at lvl 1 with jack in the boxes, it levels me to lvl 2 so that i can enter the combat with deceive as well. Without the exp boost mastery, you don't level from it.

So i tried playing last night. Did the mm thing, would find a game, load up, pick a hero, then sit there for a few minutes saying the game was loading until it just kicked me back to restart the process. Did that about 5-6 times til I gave up. What's the deal?

i had that too... probably cuz people left leaving the game below the necessary threshold to begin.

buy tier 1 runes on your way to summoner level 20. They are very cheap and add a decent amount of stats compared to the cost/effective ratio of tier 3 runes (which you cant use till levle 20+ anyway). I would skip tier 2 runs altogether.

Once level 20+ use yoru IP for either champions you want, or tier 3 runes you know you will use.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back