[LCD Monitor] BenQ, or ViewSonic?

i'd go with the viewsonic too

BenQ used to be Acer... which didnt exactly have a reputation for high-quality

not sure about that stinkfist, but we've got some benq lcd's on the rack's at work and they are tops. but, on the other hand, can't beat VS for quality :)

500:1 contrast would be better for you imo, so i'd prolly bo with the BenQ if the price were right.

they are both about the same price, but now im wondering if i should go with a 16ms response time, and a higher contrast ratio.

in my last [LCD] thread, i was told that ViewSonic is good for CRTs and their quality of production carries over into the LCD market, but that doesnt necessarily mean they perform as well as the rest....

BenQ, on the other hand, is pretty highly rated.

Youre probably going to be fine on either end. These are both clearly high end monitors, and I doubt you'll be having issues with either one. Just get whichever is cheaper.

From my own experience with viewsonic LCDs and the things I have heard of BenQ I will have to go with BenQ... I have not actually owned any BenQ monitors though, so don't hold me to a decision. With LCD monitors though, the only real difference will be build quality and connections.

TySoft said:
BenQ was the 2000FP, very solid display.

With all of these positive reviews on the 2000FP, I am beginnign to wonder if I got a bum batch... Does anybody using the 2000FP, VP201, or same-panel display notice horizontal lines in the display caused by screendooring? The vp201s that I used had the least smooth image I had ever seen in an LCD and am wondering how everybody else could have missed this...

Back