[Law] Help Please!

Ahmida

Veteran XX
So yesterday night the car I was in was pulled over, and I was passed out in the back without my seat belt on. The chp who gave me the ticket (some weird electronic thing 2 other of my friends got tickets too but handwritten) put incorrect information for the vehicle registration and listed me as the driver. I was neither the driver, nor do I own the vehicle and the ticket states its for a passenger seat belt violation. Is this grounds for immediate dismissal in court?

edit: whoops misread.

"he said the car was red but it's actually maroon" doesn't work dude

Last edited:
Mandatory Seat Belt Law

27315. (a) The Legislature finds that a mandatory seatbelt law will contribute to reducing highway deaths and injuries by encouraging greater usage of existing manual seatbelts, that automatic crash protection systems which require no action by vehicle occupants offer the best hope of reducing deaths and injuries, and that encouraging the use of manual safety belts is only a partial remedy for addressing this major cause of death and injury. The Legislature declares that the enactment of this section is intended to be compatible with support for federal safety standards requiring automatic crash protection systems and should not be used in any manner to rescind federal requirements for installation of automatic restraints in new cars.

(b) This section shall be known and may be cited as the Motor Vehicle Safety Act.

(c) (1) As used in this section, "motor vehicle" means a passenger vehicle, a motortruck, or a truck tractor, but does not include a motorcycle.

(2) ) For purposes of this section, a “motor vehicle” also means ( )1 a farm labor vehicle, regardless of the date of certification under Section 31401.

(d) (1) ) A person ( )2 shall not operate a motor vehicle on a highway unless that person and all passengers 16 years of age or over are properly restrained by a safety belt. This paragraph does not apply to the operator of a taxicab, as defined in Section 27908, when the taxicab is driven on a city street and is engaged in the transportation of a fare-paying passenger. The safety belt requirement established by this paragraph is the minimum safety standard applicable to employees being transported in a motor vehicle. This paragraph does not preempt ( )1 more stringent or restrictive standards imposed by the Labor Code or ( )3 another state or federal regulation regarding the transportation of employees in a motor vehicle.
V.C. Section 27315 - Mandatory Seat Belt Law

go to court
it will be tossed
the cop will likely request dismissal if he/she even shows up

So yesterday night the car I was in was pulled over, and I was passed out in the back without my seat belt on. The chp who gave me the ticket (some weird electronic thing 2 other of my friends got tickets too but handwritten) put incorrect information for the vehicle registration and listed me as the driver. I was neither the driver, nor do I own the vehicle and the ticket states its for a passenger seat belt violation. Is this grounds for immediate dismissal in court?

probably not

A pal got a ticket for driving under the influence and beat the rap when they showed the car was an English import with right hand steering.

Back