LA TWers I need your help..

{CN}DarthMaul

Veteran X
I'm looking at possibly taking a job in the venice beach area, and was wondering what would be some of the better places to live around there. Or would I just be better living outside of LA and trying to fight the traffic??

Living anywhere always depends on how much room you want/need, and how much you have. Personally, if I were to be working in venice, I would look for a place to rent a room out of a house so I could also live there.

lol, well its just me atm. I may be needing a furnished place until i can get everything over there(I'm in VA atm). Right now I dont need anything that big.. 1BR would be enough, hell prolly even a studio would do.

live south in redondo or manhattan beach. or north in like Santa Monica or Malibu. you can take PCH and avoid the 405. bonus is there are super hot chicks all over the place.

Live in Santa Monica its nice there or go farther south. Venice itself is kinda junkie sometimes.... ;/

whatever you do, avoid the 405. shit avoid any LA freeway if you can. it will kill you after a couple months of commuting. when i was living north of burbank and working in culver city i got used to spending upwards of 3 hours in traffic per day for a 35 mile drive.

redondo beach is a good suggestion. theres also some good apartments down by centinella/jefferson

ya, rent a tiny spot near the beach, enjoy all the 1/2-naked women, and stay the fuck away from a freeway.

Beaches I'd look for:
redondo
hermosa
manhattan

Culver City.$$$
Venice.$$$
Marina Del Rey.$$$$$
Playa Del Rey.$$

I work in the marina and communte from hollywood - 30 minutes to drive 11 miles in "normal" traffic.

look in venice or santa monica

you can also check out palms
none of those places are that far away

there will be a million places to rent around there

hollywood and silverlake tend to be cheaper but they are farther inland

depends on what kind of communte you're looking at
what times of the day

I live in Santa Monica and basically avoid the freeways at all costs. Find a roommate in Santa Monica or Venice and you'll be fine.

Thanks for the info, Id basically be working 9-7..
Just needed something quick to look for since Id prolly have to be there in 2 weeks.

Back