Knife (not grappling hook) found!

Destos

Veteran X
Grappling hook found!

taken from the front page.

tv_gdc_4.jpg

Looks like a new weapon, however it is most likely not a grappling hook :p

speculate away!!

Of course I could be entirely wrong and jumping to conculsions.

looks more and more like the blaster :x

edit: I prolly should have looked at the GDC thread before posting this XD

beat me to death if there will be grappling hook.

something like moving light objects aka players for night maps would be nice,,, motion blur and nice shaders. those would be nice.

Look at the picture, it's all blurred, something was contorted. It looks like the spinfusor through a Fish-Eye FoV

I really think it's a screenshot that was modified and had some blur added in, and then was transformed to fit the dimensions/sides of the LCD display.

I refuse to get into another thread about this SAME damn photo.

Unless someone can come up with proof that it ISN'T the DL, I'd say it is.
The color of the weapon, and the reticle, both back up the assumption.

The only thing odd about it is it's in an orientation that we have yet to see... (or at least see in a still... someone watch the pressconference again and see if there's a shot of the DL reloading...) and therefore looks odd.

The blur is a photo artifact.

If you want more info out of me, report to one of the other two threads.

VaporTrail said:
Unless someone can come up with proof that it ISN'T the DL, I'd say it is.
The color of the weapon, and the reticle, both back up the assumption.

so the word of the person that took the photo, and he beleives thrax said to him (knife) isn't compelling enough for you?

:p

Destos said:
taken from the front page.

tv_gdc_4.jpg

Looks like a new weapon, however it is most likely not a grappling hook :p

speculate away!!
That's the Energy Blade. It's the (wimpy) default weapon in SP so that you are never without a weapon that you can use to kill somebody for ammo or something. It will take many hits to kill somebody with it, but you can at least use it to get more ammo and continue the level.

It will probably be in MP also, but only about as useful (perhaps less so) than the knife in CS.

Thrax Panda said:
That's the Energy Blade. It's the (wimpy) default weapon in SP so that you are never without a weapon that you can use to kill somebody for ammo or something. It will take many hits to kill somebody with it, but you can at least use it to get more ammo and continue the level.

It will probably be in MP also, but only about as useful (perhaps less so) than the knife in CS.
There's nothing like sneaking up behind a sniper and cutting his head in two with the secondary attack... :grimreape

Thrax Panda said:

When will developers learn that whenever they say something like that, they're quickly proven wrong by some guy who dominates a map with a weapon that's supposed to be not very useful.

"Skiing wasn't intended to be such a big part of the game"

"We didn't intend for people to snipe with the blaster in T1"

"The shocklance is a stealth weapon; it wasn't intended to be used while flying past someone at 100 miles per hour"

Back