Keyboard acting as if stuck while playing FPS

Usher

Veteran X
I have both a USB keyboard and mouse.

When I play any FPS game or a game where i must use mouse+keyboard I get this strange occurence where one of my directional keys such as "a" being bound to lstrafe acts as though it is pressed down, when it really isn't. I simply touch the key again to make it stop. The trouble is it's a bitch in FPS to be manuevering and suddenly get fucked becasue your key is acting stuck, so I want to see if anyone's had this problem before and how to fix it.

Running win2k

I don't have a usb-> ps2 adapter or id have tried that, since I have a suspicion it is the interaction on my new mobo with the USB ports. (nforce2 A7N8X) Figured i would ask first before going out to get an adapter.

Can we assume you're using the latest nForce drivers?

What keyboard is it?

I probably should update the drivers for the nforce to see if that changes anything :idear:

The keyboard is a MS basic keyboard. Im really not sure exactly the model becasue Ive since tossed the box. It's very generic though.

Let me know if you have any ideas of what it could be. Ill get the driver and post again once I test whether or not it changes anything

I have same problem, I have USB mouse and keyboard. Belkin Keyboard, Logitech Mouse. I updated, still happened. Put on PS2 adapter, happens less, but still happens.

Back