[K-Lite vs. CCCP] My faith in K-Lite has been renewed

OtakuMark

Veteran X
Moving from the then antiquated and confused K-lite Mega Codec pack, typically obtained from shady websites, I moved on to CCCP. It was very thorough, had a large amount of support around the net and seemed to work very well.

Recently though, with HD video I have been having trouble with small amounts of stuttering and problems with clicking through large/HD files, so that the screen didn't refresh completely unless something moved- leaving me with the remnants of the last frame with a moving mouth or arm and audio for several seconds.

With CCCP (and several versions of it) this problem persisted. However, I then saw that K-Lite was being released via FileHippo.com - Download Free Software, a site I use very often for updated tools and files that I can reliably download. With the same kind of service as for my other downloads, I will be able to download K-Lite and check for new updates very easily... so I uninstalled CCCP and installed K-Lite Codec Pack with Media Player Classic Home Cinema.

I have had great results and media player classic is a lot more stable as well as snappy as I move throughout HD or SD videos. It's a noticeable difference. I highly recommend using K-Lite, at least for the moment until some huge flaw rears it's head at me.

My system specs:

2.0Ghz Core 2 Duo
4GB of DDR2 667Mhz (3GB in Windows XP 32-bit)
Nvidia 8600M GT 512MB

Get CoreAVC + CCCP and your problems are likely solved.

You'll have to torrent CoreAVC or fork out some $$$ for it.

Also...
  • Install CoreAVC. In the installer options, uncheck "Haali Media Splitter".
  • Disable FFDShow's H.264 decoding by going to the CCCP settings manager (Start -> Programs -> Combined Community Codec Pack -> Settings) and unchecking H.264, and then pressing Next and then Apply. If you are using a separate FFDShow install, you need to go to its video decoder settings, click the Codecs entry in the list to the left, find the H.264 entry in the grid, and change it from "libavcodec" to "disabled".

CoreAVC - CCCP

strange i never get issues with CCCP, some times it takes a second to do a jump but thats jumping though a blu-ray rip over a shared folder.

Codec packs are to messy and dirty. I prefer VLC and downloading specific codecs individually as the need arises.

Back