Just got into beta..

cylus

Veteran XX
Without looking into this at work, will I need to install World of Warcraft in a seperate directory?

This seems a bit late in coming, but hey, might be fun!

Seems like I should have been invited sooner, I was in the original closed beta for the game, and bought the Collector's Edition. Not really bothered by this, just wondering why now, and so close to the release?

It isnt close to the release, really. There's another good month of testing ahead.

Likewise, they really need a burst of testing and frankly... i tihnk they've done a HORRIBLE job picking testers. There's too much at stake to be handing beta keys out to fruity loops who simply showed up at blizzcon. And for an expansion that puts so much emphasis on PvP they needed people beyond the raiding guilds (who generally dont pvp and would rather sit around lookin pretty in epics).

So, welcome aboard... and go kill the enemy faction :)

how the hell do you get into the beta anyway? ive been playing since launch and bought the collectors edition, does this matter at all?

how the hell do you get into the beta anyway? ive been playing since launch and bought the collectors edition, does this matter at all?

Wish that was the case, but it's not. I'd like to think it's totally random but I doubt that. The first wave of betatesteres were most likely in top progression guilds, chosen to test out the dungeons. I'm sure they took a fair share of rank 10 - 14 players as well, since that's that only criteria to determine who PvPs and who doesn't, to test out the new BGs and arenas.

t this rate they are probably getting less selective and more random in their choosing.

lame. anyone got a key that wants to share? id love to try out the new shit.

looking at all the fan sites with all of the new gear and new screens im itchin to play.

Wish that was the case, but it's not. I'd like to think it's totally random but I doubt that. The first wave of betatesteres were most likely in top progression guilds, chosen to test out the dungeons. I'm sure they took a fair share of rank 10 - 14 players as well, since that's that only criteria to determine who PvPs and who doesn't, to test out the new BGs and arenas.

t this rate they are probably getting less selective and more random in their choosing.
Not at all. Our guild was given invites for guild beta and those invites haven't gone out yet. Several guildmates do however have beta access and have played quite a bit at 67 testing talents/specs and messing around in the new instances.

As with all Blizzard testing, Beta is haphazard, random, and poorly thought-out.

They have a huge pool of people with "invites" that they just choose randomly from. The problem, is that a huge portion of those are people from Blizzcon that may or may not do any actual testing.

They should have invited all the "Guild Invite" people first, and then worked in the Blizzcon people towards the end when it didn't matter anymore.

I'm not really surprised they chose the poorer solution though.

Back