[jobs?] anyone have a lot of experience with embedded programming?

Duhck

Veteran XV
Before I go on the internet to search, I wanted to come here.

Basically I am willing to pay someone to code a fairly simple program that will be going onto a PIC microprocessor. I would need someone with a lot of experience, and will work out a price, but the pay will be very fair (if not generous).

The application has to do with paintball. If the job is done well, then I would definately hire you again for the other 3 projects I have scheduled to do.

If you are serious, email me at shaun.springer@gmail.com or im me: springerlax11

Flame away.

this is what i will be doing when i graduate. for a custom job, freelance, like this i would charge you at least $250 an hour or less plus a percentage of profits.

No i don't have what it takes to accept the offer yet but good luck.

lol, 250/hour ... good luck with that as a new grad. i wouldnt hire a fresh grad for over 20/hour, unless they came from MIT or something.

uh i'm stating at as a typical cost for freelance work of this type with the minor description he gave.

based on trends i'll be making about 30 an hour right out of school for inhouse work.

any one who does this job for less than 250 an hour or without some sort of profit percentage is an idiot. Its a new product that could potentially make money selling yourself short on that would be stupid as hell.

Plus it sounds simple enough, again based on his minor description, that the programing testing and tweaking probably wouldn't take more than a week of working on it a few hours a day.

charge what you want, but no one would hire you for nearly that much unless you had over 10 years experience and could garuntee that you could do the job right and on time.

As i said i am not qualified yet but that is in the ball park of what i would expect as freelance work.

Every report says both my majors are starting around $55K and after 5 years average $70K so that should be pretty accurate or this type of freelance work. I interned for a guy who does this type of stuff freelance out of his house for between $200 and $400 an hour . Granted he has been in the field for 20 years and knows his shit.

Unless of course its something stupid easy but he didn't exactly give any specifics now did he.

Back