ive had enough of this service plan bullshit

the best was when you'd get the mr fixits. They could fix ANYTHING (like LCD monitors) and got the parts for FREE!!!

lol

I bought the service plan on my nikon D70. I'd rather drive to BB and have it replaced right away then send it out to nikon and wait weeks for it to return.

triple asking for info honestly isn't thaat big a deal. at ccity, we keep purchase history for many years based on phone number. we don't send out anything like ads or whatnot.

last week i had a guy come in for the recipt from a television he bought 10 years ago, and we had it. that's cool because thermal paper looses its print in about 2 years anyways, so if you ever need it, just come in to the store

Code4 said:
To this I would have replied:

"I find it weird that you work and live in this country and can not understand english. Now let me speak to your boss and explain to him why you lost a easy sale."

Man no shit.

The reason that so many of those asswipes pressure so hard on service plans is that they get a sweet commission deal on them.

But yeah what codfire said- you should have gone to his supervisor and bitched.

it would suck to work at CC now.

no commission.

I never understood why they went away from that

commission = salesman has a vested interest in your purchase = better customer service.

Vanster said:
Man no shit.

The reason that so many of those asswipes pressure so hard on service plans is that they get a sweet commission deal on them.

But yeah what codfire said- you should have gone to his supervisor and bitched.

his supervisor would have given you lip service and then gone and commended the salesman

funny story.

had a guy buy a sony laptop from me about 2 weeks ago last year (opted out protection plan). he comes in and tells me the hard drive is bad. so i take a look at it (i am pc services tech at my ccity) and low-n-behold, the drive is corrupt but salveagable. i didn't remember him at first so i asked if he had purchased our cityadvantage plan when he bought the unit, he said no of course.

so i let him know how much it would be to slavage the files ($200) and that he would have to find a hard drive for his notbook somewhere (we don't sell that). he became furious, spouting out about how we do not stand behind our product, and other bullshit. i just laughed and said, "sir this is the reason why we have a cityadvantage plan, there is nothing i can do for you for free." he then proceeded to throw the laptop to the ground in a huff, and stormed out. i gave the laptop to my manager, and when he came back in (head down like a beat dog no less) my manager yelled at him about how he could have hurt me by doin what he did and whatnot, and that he could call the police and have him arrested. the guy took his laptop and walked out quickly.

i love little things like that.

Falhawk said:

no commission.

commission = salesman has a vested interest in your purchase = better customer service.

It's because they had overwhelming complaints from customers that salespeople were swarming on customers. The customer was never able to browse the store without being hastled by 3 or more salespeople, each one worse than the previous. Not that it doesn't continue to happen (NO, I DO NOT WANT MONSTER CABLE FOR THESE!)

the girl at bestbuy who tried to sell me the service plan for my digital camera made it sound like the bb mafia were going to show up at my door and break my camera if i didn't buy it

"are you sure you don't want it? what if it breaks"

"i take good care of it"

"really? i mean, a lot of bad things can happen!"

"honestly, i don't need it"

"if you don't buy it we'll kill you and your family!"

Falhawk said:

no commission.

and fallhawk, reason we went to non commission is the opposite of what you said, the associates at the store (when on comission) did care what you bought as long as it had a hefty price tag associated with it. now adays, the associates who work here are more likely to take what you say for input and not recommend the most expensive thing on the market. i would say its even more customer focused than places that are comission.

xpdnc said:
the girl at bestbuy who tried to sell me the service plan for my digital camera made it sound like the bb mafia were going to show up at my door and break my camera if i didn't buy it

"are you sure you don't want it? what if it breaks"

"i take good care of it"

"really? i mean, a lot of bad things can happen!"

"honestly, i don't need it"

"if you don't buy it we'll kill you and your family!"

:lol: It does seem that way... they always say something like "something horrible and unexpected could happen to it (glare)... or to your children"

JDizzle4Rizzle said:
It's because they had overwhelming complaints from customers that salespeople were swarming on customers. The customer was never able to browse the store without being hastled by 3 or more salespeople, each one worse than the previous. Not that it doesn't continue to happen (NO, I DO NOT WANT MONSTER CABLE FOR THESE!)
now you can't get any help.

like best buy

killerbelow said:
and fallhawk, reason we went to non commission is the opposite of what you said, the associates at the store (when on comission) did care what you bought as long as it had a hefty price tag associated with it. now adays, the associates who work here are more likely to take what you say for input and not recommend the most expensive thing on the market. i would say its even more customer focused than places that are comission.

depends on the store/salesman I guess. I always figured high volume was good. What store do you work at?

really though, what falhawk is saying is pretty accurate

if you buy a service plan with an understanding of how it works, and an end goal of eventually getting a free one of whatever you bought, it makes sense.

My old roomate worked for Future Shop (a canadian equivalent to BB) and would read up on products that were end-of-life-ing soon. He would purchase that product (for example, a high-end sony reciever/speaker combo), then wait for FS to stop selling it. At that point (usually about 6 months later), after using the reciever, he would find a way to inconspicuously break it (he was creative) and return it with the plan. Since the product wasn't anywhere to be found, he got a brand new, usually better quality reciever. He could then keep that reciever for, say, another year until that model left, and repeat until the service plan ran out.

worked for him. for me, i am not that diligent nor do i tend to buy high-end shit so i dont go with plans.

high volumes are good, but not at the expense of the customers trust in the associate. tell me, which is better an associate making a huge sale the customer is pressured into then he never comes back? or the associate makes a lesser sale but gains the customers trust, making him a continual shopper.

i work at the circuit city in kansas city

Falhawk said:
now you can't get any help.

like best buy
why would I want "help" at a store like that? I can do the research on my own and figure out what I want, I don't need some monkey to read off a list of features from a card.

Back