"It would be who of me" part deux

FTMStyle

Veteran XX
I couldnt find the original thread so I figured it was time for another "misused phrase" thread.

I just had a short email correspondence with someone regarding the sale of a DVD player on Craig's List and had to cut the conversation short because I couldnt get past this guy saying the following:

"I dont use it anymore so I figured I mind as well sell it"

I dont know why, but everytime I hear someone say a phrase all fucked up, it makes me want to stab them in the face for being so fuckin stupid.

Post yours.

I hate people who use the wrong word in a saying, but I hate people who don't understand acronyms more.

"ATM machine"
"HTTP protocol"
etc.

It kills me how many people will say pacific instead of specific. It's not just a matter of not pronouncing the 's,' either, I believe they truly think that pacific can somehow be used as an adjective or adverb.

edit: In this situation. I guess pacific can be used as an adjective, but, you get what im saying.

We have somebody pretty high up on base who consistently uses "compliancy" in official e-mails and briefings. It's technically correct, but really, really obscure. I cringe every time I see it.

We have somebody pretty high up on base who consistently uses "compliancy" in official e-mails and briefings. It's technically correct, but really, really obscure. I cringe every time I see it.

Yes, while that may technically be correct persay, they shouldn't be using such obscure writing.

People around here say Worshington instead of Washington. The one I really hate is "I could care less."

I could care less is a viable phrase, so long as you mean that you could, in theory, care less.

People around here say Worshington instead of Washington. The one I really hate is "I could care less."
I can tell if someone's from missouri or texas (or oklahoma, etc) because they say that. "I came to Worshington less than a year ago"

Back