is veor dumber than durak?

You guys need to agree to a definition of "intelligence" before you can continue the debate, or you'll keep going around in circles.

Cogzinofa has it pretty much correct. There is certainly strong relationship between level of education and intelligence. I doubt anyone can argue against that. However, there are obviously tons of people who are successful without having attended college, just like there are tons of people with PhD's who have gone on to do jack squat.

Furthermore, I would argue that upper division courses in most majors at most universities require some level of critical thinking and problem solving. Part of your grade depends on memorization but a large part also depends on how you can use what you learned to solve problems, be it on an exam or a lab.

:lol: I said "real engineering job" not internship, so obviously durak is owned by his own logic and is thus talking from his ass, or face...

We have CS interns move servers where I work.

Apparently, before I joined my group, they had an intern make crossover cables for a whole summer. That's gotta be the most mind numbing internship ever.

:lol: I said "real engineering job" not internship, so obviously durak is owned by his own logic and is thus talking from his ass, or face...

We have interns move servers where I work

it's kinda hard to have a "real engineering" job when you're going to school full time fall and spring semesters

however, i guess being part of a project critical to the success of a product is about as real as gets for intern

but go ahead, please grasp for some more straws

So please explain how labs and exams relate to learning real world experience. What do you want to do with your degree? I'll throw you some stuff that I can guarantee they won't teach you at Cornnell and you'll be forced to learn by 5PM the day your told to learn it and implement it

I'm not saying an ivy league degree isn't worth it, but when you say exams and labs teach you all the "intelligence" you need to do your job in real life, that statement in itself is just funny and so stereotypical coming from an ivy leaguer.

i didn't say that at all, re-read my post you fucking drug addict

i said that people can do well on homeworks and labs with the help of friends/partners, but if you don't understand the concepts intuitively, you'll do poorly on tests and get a bad grade in the class. therefore, intuitive understanding of concepts = intelligence = better grades. jesus, i'm so fucking surprised i actually had to spell it out like that for you

there's nothing in my posts that said exams "teach" you intelligence (much less labs). you're just a fucking retard when it comes to reading comprehension

I'm also not arguing an ivy league degree (If it's not
bsflag.gif
) is not worth it, quite the contrary.

I'm just saying if you expect "labs and exams" to teach you all the "intelligence" you need to deal with the real world, (Especially in your major) you sure as hell have one rude awakening in store for you when you hit real life :lol:

and yet i never said any of that. how many drugs do you have to take for your brain to completely misread my posts

having spent the last 4 years here, i've noticed that the smartest kids get the best grades and dumbest ones get the lower ones

you can do the homework and labs and get good grades on them as long as you have friends who can help you out on them, but when it comes down to exams, it's more than just memorization and regurgitation. no professor is gonna ask you to just plug numbers into an equation and see if you get the right answer. you have to understand the basic concepts more or less intuitively, and that's a function of intelligence. the kids who do get better grades are the ones who do better on tests and consequently get higher overall grades

of course i don't speak for any majors other than engineering ones. i'm sure you can get by in psychology just fine by reading writing papers and reading books.

Do you deny your own words?

i feel like this argument is going in circles. just go back a page and read it again as if it were new, then your responses will already be written out for you!

ok let me analyze and translate my post for you:

What I said

you can do the homework and labs and get good grades on them as long as you have friends who can help you out on them, but when it comes down to exams, it's more than just memorization and regurgitation.

What it means

Intelligence is more than just memorization and having smart lab partners

What I said

no professor is gonna ask you to just plug numbers into an equation and see if you get the right answer. you have to understand the basic concepts more or less intuitively, and that's a function of intelligence.

What it means
Doing well on exams is directly related to how well you understand the concepts, which is a function of intelligence rather than memorization

What I said
. the kids who do get better grades are the ones who do better on tests and consequently get higher overall grades

What it means
The better you do on exams (i.e. the smarter you are) the higher your grades will be. Therefore, a positive correlation between intelligence and grades

Now, where did I say that exams and labs "teach you" anything?I'm fucking dumbfounded that I had to go into this much detail for you to understand what I said.

Back