Is v8 Juice bad for you?

w00bi

Veteran X
I was drinking the can version of the V8, and i noticed the sodium number.. It was about 800mg... Is 3 cans a day of this, healthy?

they do have the reduced sodium ones in cans. That's the only kind I can drink. If I try to drink it out of one of those bottles it's too gross.

im talking about the small 8(?)oz cans.. ive never seen reduced sodium in those. the huge can doesn't taste right to me for some reason, i buy the large glass bottle instead

Sodium doesn't do anything to you except make your face puffy. If you're worried about that, just drink more water.

Ronnie Dobbs said:
im talking about the small 8(?)oz cans.. ive never seen reduced sodium in those. the huge can doesn't taste right to me for some reason, i buy the large glass bottle instead

smallV8.JPG

The ones that say "Vitamins A, C, E Fortified" or "Calcium Fortified" are somewhere between the regular and low-sodium.

The "Lemon Twist" and "Hot and Spicy" are even higher sodium than regular, so I would suggest an actual lemon or some Tabasco added instead.

I would say 3 cups is probably ok with low sodium, but I wouldn't drink that much of the regular V8 all the time. My boyfriend is a salt addict, but my feeling is that if you don't eat as much salt you get used to it, and then salty stuff tastes too strong.

the average american gets more than enough sodium in their diet a day...if you are drinking 3 of those cans a day i hope you watch your sodium intake cause thats all the salt you should get per day

Back