Is there any band better than Tool?

I've never been that in to tool, and I dont understand the fanaticism of many fans. Whats their best album in your opinion so I can check it out?

hah i was gonna say Opeth... not only are they my favorite band for the past 5 years, they are probably one of the smartest and most innovative death metal bands out there.

Last edited:
yes there are several, too many to count.

it was a good "gateway band" for me but i found them uninspiring after expanding my horizons a little.

their drummer's pretty good if i remember right though

try cynic, greatest death metal band ever

edit: opeth is really good although i never could really get into them, it feels too "plain" for me

brilliant music though

Explain the Tool fanaticism to me. I've read about it but never understood it. It's never been really that "cool" in Finland (Then again for example Opeth is a messiah ;) ) so I never really got into it *shrug*

Explain the Tool fanaticism to me. I've read about it but never understood it. It's never been really that "cool" in Finland (Then again for example Opeth is a messiah ;) ) so I never really got into it *shrug*

Tool isn't really that popular overall. Obviously not as much as pop or rock bands.

They have a rabid following among some people though, I guess the slick production just appeals to the pseudo-metalheads

i've NEVER understood tool either but everyone fucking around me loves them. they are decent but not the second coming by any means. they are a mainstream band and in the ocean of mainstream bands, only there are they something special.

people that do not explore music that is not on the radio therefore probably see them as the best band evar. they are a metal band for people that like to sing not scream and want to come off as sounding intelligent while they are doing it; read chicks and jocks.

Last edited:
I like Tool. I think they have some pretty creative music compared to most bands out there. I also think they've gotten better throughout the years. 10,000 Days and Lateralus own their older stuff.

Rosetta_-_Wake-Lift.jpg

this is yet another band that's better than tool

Back