Is the NFL/NBA taking a hit on viewership?

yeah maybe but now I understand about clock management and offensive lines and other shit that is totally inexplicable to most British ppl so gg

:D

oh to be patriotic patriot

DKgUUSrU8AApJ2-.jpg

next years draft picks gonna be elite

DKgMboLXoAEA1Y4.jpg

your fat redneck echo chamber isn't representative of an entire country

just like the liberal scum echo chamber on reddit who are losing their minds today about the election here in NZ :lol:

why does anybody care about the opinions of a bunch of racist, violent, barely literate convicts who are paid millions to play a schoolyard game much less act like they are some sort of moral authority

black people need to learn to just shut the fuck up and behave. There isnt really a problem with racist cops as much as there is a problem with criminals being overhwlemingly black

why does anybody care about the opinions of a bunch of racist, violent, barely literate convicts who are paid millions to play a schoolyard game much less act like they are some sort of moral authority

black people need to learn to just shut the fuck up and behave. There isnt really a problem with racist cops as much as there is a problem with criminals being overhwlemingly black

Now I take exception to that. I am the best to ever play the game and I am certainly not a felon.

I'm white. lol

Not that I really give a shit about the NFL (I've watched, maybe, a dozen games in 50 years?) but does anyone else see the irony in a bunch of black millionaire athletes protesting racial oppression and the echoes of slavery by getting on their knees?

I watch for the game. I don't care if they bend the knee to MLK jr, trump, xerxes, Stalin, hillary, Jon snow, etc. I just like football.

Whatever you do, do not let the Black multimillionaire kids see this. It might cause them to think. Wait... who am I kidding? :rofl:

Everyone, please meet Sergeant William H. Carney

Sergeant William H. Carney received the nation's highest honor during the Civil War for rescuing the American flag and carrying it reverently in the midst of impossible odds while being shot multiple times by the enemy. His act of 'defiance' while an entire Confederate battalion mowed down his fellow Union soldiers consisted in not letting the flag touch the ground - this, even after being wounded in the head.

"As the color-bearer became disabled I threw away my gun and seized the colors [the flag]," his account of the Battle of Fort Wagner states. "When we finally reached [my regiment] the men cheered me and the flag. My reply was, ‘Boys, the old flag never touched the ground.'"
[.....]
[.....]

knee%202_0.jpg

The NFL has bigger problems than bending knees. CTE is draining the pool of future talent.
It's not only CTE but knee injuries (pun intended). The players are traveling so fast, someone always tweaks a knee or gets rolled up on.

The same can be said for hockey. I've been yelling for Big Ice for years. The excuse is the buildings would have to be re-done, but teams are moving into new arenas. That's the time to switch to big ice one arena at a time. Hockey has a problem with dirty players who lower their shoulder coming across the ice catching the opponent square on the jaw.

Last edited:
tv viewership is just down in general, across the board. the internet + digital delivery killed the music industry, then print media, and now it's broadcast televisions turn. another watershed moment

that said the NFL is definitely facing some challenges of its own so its hard to tell how much of their ratings decline comes from within

the NBA and NFL are the richest and most lucrative they've ever been so it's not like they're in any danger. their non-stop annual growth has slowed down a bit since they're #1 source of revenue (TV) is on its death bed

Last edited:
Back