Is Stellaris any good?

EyeZ

Veteran X
Looks interesting. My library is lacking a really good 4x style game. I like city builders and whatnot; skylines was great and i put something like 160 hours into banished, but i have a war itch. Something that will itch the old AoE scab thats been left alone too long.

Yes, the best 4X Space game since MOO2.

The modding community is off the charts, the Star Trek New Horizons mod is entertaining as hell.

I'd recommend it to anyone who likes space games.

Save 33% on Stellaris on Steam

Roughly a 10:1 like:dislike ratio... many of the reviewers have hundreds of hours played. I was actually shocked to see such favorable reviews. I remember everyone sucking this game's dick the day it came out, but then it seemed to have disappeared over night. I haven't played it, but seems like a safe purchase. Read the negative reviews and see if the issues mentioned would keep you away.

snap buy if you like that type of game. I put 40-50 hours in at release. got a little bored but not because the game was lacking depth. Eventually I'll want to pick it up again and I'm sure mods will make it a completely different game if i want.

i really tried getting into it but its just civ all over again... 4x games are ultimately just a pattern replication game. sort of like a shallow version of chess. i'd much rather play eve if i wanted a spreadsheet simulator, at least that involves real people instead of a table of scripted numbers.

Picked this up, so far really liking it. Are there any pointers that i should know before im 40 hours in and discover some basic function that would have helped way back when?

i liked it but 4x space games seem either way too easy or hard to me. I beat it a couple times and was like meh.

Put in a decent amount of hours now and I feel like messing around with some mods now. Any recommendations? There is a star wars one that im thinking about getting that compiles several mods into one. The robot playable race also looks interesting.

Back