Is it me, or have TKers gone up a level?

Maybe it's just some of the new weapons in Tribes, but TKers have definately gone up a level in the annoyance factor it seems.

I just had to drop from TF's west coast server due to one, and because noone would/could do anything about it (noone would vote, no admin to ban).

Was funny in a sad way too, guy would TK half the team by either mortaring or using the burner on the inventories and in the spawn rooms, me and two other people would try to get a vote going. This provided the following responses.

"I'm not TKing"
"idiots, if I get kicked i"ll just rejoin and keep doing this"

Anyway to get a "page Admin" feature or something?

Guys name was 'Sniclepants' so if you see him ban on sight :)

Yes, I've had to leave many servers due to someone spawn TKing in the Winterlake base. Hopefully as people become more comfortable with the game, there will be tougher administration.

[Request] Add a second spawn point for Winterlake.

I banned a guy named Snicle last night on my server :)

edit: and in 'ol Snicle's case, he had a -16 score and people had been asking him to stop. It was clearly intentional.

Ya, I was on a server the other day.. 15 minutes go by, not ONE grab or cap attempt.

:(

Everyone just deathmatching/sniping.

So in the last 5 minutes, I decided to cap, to win 2 to 0.

Oh well, I helped a few people while in there. :)

Disciple said:
it also has to do with all the jerks that never played anything besides deathmatch and don't understand the team concept.

He knew what he was doing. He was just trying to be annoying.

If he didn't "understand the concept" he wouldn't be saying how he'd come back and keep doing it and such.

and there was a TK on CkB last night. We got Ty to come in and ban him. :heart: Ty

He went through several servers in this FP beta period. He's done that on 5 Assed Monkey before, and I've seen him on other servers.

Yeah, I've only run into a blatant TKer once, but it was a bad one. I had the flag and I jumped on an invo when a teamate spawned nearby and owned me. That wasn't fun, especially since it was a stand off and I was defending myself against the other team for a good few minutes, just to have this guy cheaply kill me and all my effort go to waste.

One thing I've noticed is that the red and green arrows seem harder to see as compared to the first 2 installments of Tribes... not being able to tell friend from foe usually results in a shoot first ask questions later mentality.

I MA TK'd this guy 3 times in one map. And once while we both were hitting the flag from opposite sides. None of this was on purpose, he just kept jumping in front of my discs.

There was another serious TKer in the GeeZers server yesterday, he was in there for about two hours, spawning, discing, grenade spamming, getting in heavy, mortaring.. It really sucked. His name was Paniis btw.

trepanation said:
You know, the easiest way to get a hold of someone on Team Fusion would be to visit #teamfusion on irc.dynamix.com. We're bastard admins.

noted for future reference.

One of your guys was in there, but he didn't have SAD or anything

Back