Is 9700Pro up to par anymore!?

Maybe I oversimplify the video card upgrade question.

I keep a card until it can't run a game I like very well.
Then I upgrade to the "one step down from the newest and greatest".

It's a system I've been using for a few years now, and it tends to serve me pretty well.

Pubknight said:
Maybe I oversimplify the video card upgrade question.

I keep a card until it can't run a game I like very well.
Then I upgrade to the "one step down from the newest and greatest".

It's a system I've been using for a few years now, and it tends to serve me pretty well.

and bingo was his name-o

Waiting for my T:V beta discs so I can try it out on my 9500PRO OC'd to 9700pro speeds.

I have been seriously looking at the 9600XT AIW as a possible upgrade path.

I got my 9700pro like...damn almost 2 years ago? Has it been that long...fuck me.

Either way its still going strong on my p2.4ghz I don't think I will even come close to thinking about upgrading for doom3.

h4rdluck said:
I got my 9700pro like...damn almost 2 years ago? Has it been that long...fuck me.

Either way its still going strong on my p2.4ghz I don't think I will even come close to thinking about upgrading for doom3.
Yeah, I am confident I will be able to run HL2, T:V, and D3 fairly high quality on my comp.

Defiant10k said:
Waiting for my T:V beta discs so I can try it out on my 9500PRO OC'd to 9700pro speeds.

I have been seriously looking at the 9600XT AIW as a possible upgrade path.
if by upgrade, you mean downgrade, then go for it!

9700p is still a pretty good card. it was really ahead of its time when it came out.

9800 pro
p4 2.8
1 gigerbyte of ram

my computer rules and i aint concerned with running doom3 since i doubt i will play it any way (single player is for shit heads)

tribes3 & half life 2 is what i want to play and my computer should be more than sufficient

Back