[iPhone] Worst phone on the planet?

JudgeU

Veteran XV
brit-Blog-names-iPhone-worlds-worst.html: Personal Finance News from Yahoo! Finance
* Say What?

Call quality on the iPhone is pathetic, and it's mostly because of the tiny speaker. It has to be aligned with your ear canal with the accuracy of a laser-guided ninja doing cataract surgery, or else the volume cuts down to nothing as the sound waves bounce uselessly around your ear shells.

* Dropped Calls and Data Gaps

If, like Will Smith in Enemy of the State, you're trying to avoid the eagle eye of Big Brother, the iPhone. could be for you. It drops calls, fails to connect and doesn't even ring sometimes — not for everyone, but more often than any other phone we're currently using.

* You Can't Answer If it Doesn't Ring

Perhaps the worst of the iPhone's problems is its ability to sit there stealthily and ignore incoming calls. With no ring or vibrate to clue you in, your friends and family are redirected to voicemail… or just treated to silence. If you're in a two-iPhone family, it can be a case of the deaf leading the mute.

* The iPhone Might Burn Your Face Off

According to our ultra-sciencey test, it is extremely unlikely that the iPhone will burn your face off… Nevertheless, pressing a large, flat surface to your cheek is always going to be sweaty… Thus the current trend for people to walk down the street with their phones on hands-free, yelling into the mike at the bottom while they hold the rest of the phone away from their faces.

* iPhone Battery Life

A couple of hours of Google Maps over 3G and you'll be lost in the woods without even the possibility of phoning for help. Compare that to the good old days when your phone would last a week without charging, and you'll wonder why you ever bothered to switch.

* The iPhone Sucks — So What?

If the iPhone is inaudible, unconnected, on fire and out of battery, why is the thing so popular? The fact is, although the iPhone is the worst phone in the world, it's the best handheld computer there is.

At least until CNET UK's editors name a new one.

Copyrighted, Fortune. All rights reserved.

Thoughts?

holy_shit_iphone2.gif

so his complaint is that in order to hear you have to have the speaker by your ear? no fucking way.

only issue he's right about is the battery thing. but there have been about a hundred other threads like this so I don't think we really needed another one.

I will never own one.

When I saw the vid on CNN of those douches HIGH-FIVING each other after waiting out all night, I knew that I would never ever own this product.

I was contemplating a driod until I saw they are raping their customers for the same amount as apple/att.

I have TellMe for winmo now so I can send texts while driving by just speaking.

Sounds like someone's jealous because they can't get an iPhone. The only real point that article makes is about the battery life, but you can get an extended battery pack for the iphone in case you run low on juice and aren't able to charge it. Big fucking deal. It's still one of the best and most useful phones out there right now.

i don't get it, why can't retards and black people get iphones?

Iphones are a great toy, i love my ipod touch, they just arent the best call making device.

Visual voicemail is cool

Never had an issue like that with mine. Works great in the car via hands-free blue tooth. Every phone on the planet will drop calls and some right to VM. It's network reliant so saying one network rocks and the other sucks just from your experience in one area is retarded. Same with any phone.

i don't get it, why can't retards and black people get iphones?

Iphones are a great toy, i love my ipod touch, they just arent the best call making device.

Visual voicemail is cool
You wouldn't know because you don't have an iphone. Only tards and fags buy ipod touches. I'm the last person to advocate an Apple product, but there's nothing wrong with the call functions of the iPhone.

Back