[iPhone]random shutdowns

After I installed the new update for MMS (3.1 I think) my phone has been shutting itself down a few times a day. I have to hard reset the phone and of course it takes 1-2 minutes to turn back on. The battery is charged. Every time I get it to come back on without a hard reset I have no service for about a minute. I've read on a lot of Apple forums about this problem.

Has anyone from TW been having this happen? Do you have a fix?

I haven't tried a full reset. People are saying that isn't helping anything so why go through that process.

A co-worker of mine was having the same problem and they could not fix it at the store and gave her a new one. Same problem 2 days ago.

how's the phone take 2 minutes to power on and another minute for service? Mine (env touch) is like 20-30sec for each.

The screen just becomes unresponsive and you have to do a hard reboot. It's a bug in 3.1.1 that they haven't fixed yet (go figure). Annoying as shit, fuck Apple. Pisses me off every day.

ya it's not 2 mins to power on. It's about a minute total for poweron + service acquisition.

Then again I'm not having this problem.

iPhone :lol: iPhone :lol:iPhone :lol: iPhone :lol:iPhone :lol: iPhone :lol:iPhone :lol: iPhone :lol:iPhone :lol: iPhone :lol:iPhone :lol: iPhone :lol:iPhone :lol: iPhone :lol:iPhone :lol: iPhone :lol:iPhone :lol: iPhone :lol:iPhone :lol: iPhone :lol:iPhone

i had a dream last night that i was in london on a small cliff side and i fell off said cliff and landed in water and my iphone broke

thank god it was only a dream

who in their right mind got 3.0 when all the good shit is on 2.2 pow pow pow

I've never had this problem. But I just bought the 3gs last week.

I know 2 people with iphone 3g, and they have not had the problem. :shrug:

My 3G will hang sometimes when loading/closing an app, but usually a full reset will take care of it. I think its only crashed once since I've owned it. I've had it a year next Tuesday.

Back