iphone [need expert - will pay]

SuperTroop

Veteran X
I will paypal someone someone some money if they can tell me what to do. Yes... I am a dumbass!

1) I jailbreaked the Iphone 3G about 5 months ago.
2) I synced a couple of times right after I jailbreaked, but not in the last 3 months.
3) I plugged in my phone to sync and my PC (or Itunes) doesn't see it. I go upstairs and to my other PC same thing!
4) I go into settings and tell it to delete everything go back to original factory settings.
5) Phone takes about an hour and then now it's sitting with a pineapple screen and it vibrates every 2 minutes.

I'm tired and I don't want to screw around looking on the interwebs for the answer. Someone help me fix this thing and I will send some money.

Restore, Update, Jailbreak.

Chances are things (iPod, iTunes) have been updated and you need to update your shit.

I got the answer so get ready to paypal to onemanzerg@hotmail.com

From Yahoo answers:

Listen carefully press the top power button for 5 seconds. Then press the home buttom for ten seconds while holding the power button. Let go of the power button and hold it for 20 seconds. When you get a message saying that itunes has detected your ipod in recovery mode then go to the tab with your ipod in itunes. Please email me if you need help. You need to download the original fimware. So on google type in " ipod touch 1g 2.2.1 firmware" or Ipod touch 2g 2.2.1 firmware" or whatever firmware you have. Download it and put it on your desktop. then go back to the ipod tab and press and hold right shift then click on restore. it will ask you to located your firmware. Simply browse your desktop and double click the firmware. Let itunes do the rest. Please email me if you need help Im a ipod nerd!

dennis is right, mine did that awhile ago, google DFU mode if you need more help but that should get you up and running again

FYI - It turns out that about 2 months ago I lost my power adapter. I bought a belkin replacement. It only charges... doesn't sync! I went and bought a apple sync cable and then followed the directions.

Regardless, I am thankful for the tips!

10.00 headed your way! Thanks!

I got the answer so get ready to paypal to onemanzerg@hotmail.com

From Yahoo answers:

Listen carefully press the top power button for 5 seconds. Then press the home buttom for ten seconds while holding the power button. Let go of the power button and hold it for 20 seconds. When you get a message saying that itunes has detected your ipod in recovery mode then go to the tab with your ipod in itunes. Please email me if you need help. You need to download the original fimware. So on google type in " ipod touch 1g 2.2.1 firmware" or Ipod touch 2g 2.2.1 firmware" or whatever firmware you have. Download it and put it on your desktop. then go back to the ipod tab and press and hold right shift then click on restore. it will ask you to located your firmware. Simply browse your desktop and double click the firmware. Let itunes do the rest. Please email me if you need help Im a ipod nerd!

Back