iphone just went dead

matko

Veteran X
it was working normally and I just got a black screen all of a sudden. None of the keys worked. I googled it and found that I have to hold my home and power key for 10 seconds to restart it. It worked but what I want to ask is why has this happened and should I be expecting it to happen again?

The phone was brand new and on nearly full battery.

the static electricity from your body discharged it
you need to carry it in some type of purse instead of a pocket when you aren't using it

Mine froze up once. Hasn't done it since and it's been like 6 months. I wouldn't worry about it unless it happens again.

Here comes Kunt on his Apple crusade already on the defensive even though nobody really mentioned anything bad about the iPhone to begin with.

it was working normally and I just got a black screen all of a sudden. None of the keys worked. I googled it and found that I have to hold my home and power key for 10 seconds to restart it. It worked but what I want to ask is why has this happened and should I be expecting it to happen again?

The phone was brand new and on nearly full battery.

happend 2 me a couple times over the past 8 months. i was trippin out too when it happend and figured out it had that reset. The issue im having now is it switches to headphones on its own or while im on a call and i have to use speaker phone somtimes.. i bet urs is a 3g as well. seems they all had the same type of issues.

Funny ... its big news when an apple product doesn't work as expected because they are just so damn reliable ... but when anything else fucks up (say a Blackberry, Android, WinMo, or Nokia etc) its just another crash, reboot and don't say a word because everybody has already heard it a million times already.

This happens sometimes. It's the proximity sensor fucking up. You'll notice that when you're taking a call and you put your phone to your face, the screen switches off so your face doesn't accidentally press any buttons. That's the proximity sensor working.
Because the iPhone is a piece of shit, sometimes that sensor gets all fucked up and stays on even when it's nowhere near your face. Basically your phone thinks it's stuck to your face and turns it's fucking screen off until you reboot it.
Piece of shit.

updated to latest firmware?

yes

happend 2 me a couple times over the past 8 months. i was trippin out too when it happend and figured out it had that reset. The issue im having now is it switches to headphones on its own or while im on a call and i have to use speaker phone somtimes.. i bet urs is a 3g as well. seems they all had the same type of issues.

No, mine's 3gs.

This happens sometimes. It's the proximity sensor fucking up. You'll notice that when you're taking a call and you put your phone to your face, the screen switches off so your face doesn't accidentally press any buttons. That's the proximity sensor working.
Because the iPhone is a piece of shit, sometimes that sensor gets all fucked up and stays on even when it's nowhere near your face. Basically your phone thinks it's stuck to your face and turns it's fucking screen off until you reboot it.
Piece of shit.

Ah, this sound like it might be it. Any way around that proximity sensor fucking up? :)

Back