iPhone/Android/whatever else there is

vortex

Veteran XV
I realise this thread has been done a thousand times over, but I know next to nothing about android devices and have had this 3GS for over 2 years now. What I want to know are the benefits of switching to something other than this piece of shit that has to be synced to itunes any time I want to do something with it (it's currently jailbroken but let's be honest that makes it only slightly better than default).

What's the best (or upcoming) Android/other device and other than the drag/drop bonus and not having to deal with Apple anymore, why should I avoid the next iPhone to come out and jump ship?

go to the store and ask for the real models and play with them. see which ones you like.

don't forget about about windows 7 phones. everyone i know that has used one likes it. the only people i've heard say they suck are ones that haven't even bothered to use one.

If you go android, give a good hard look at the razr maxx. Gay name, amazing hardware that runs for days with 4g connected.

i'd say give wp7 a shot, personally i couldn't be happier with it, there's a couple of great devices coming out, lumia 900 and titan 2

how can someone not like iphones? you must be a linux nerd or something even more pretentious than that. i haven't synced with itunes after i jailbroke my phone (right after activation), it is too slow and basically garbage. personally i use iexplorer, dropbox, and copytrans, depends on what i am transferring and how much time/how big the file(s) being transferred are. dropbox is the slowest option but it does transfer things wireless-ly instead of via usb cable so it is to be expected, but you can set the queue and leave the computer and it will upload it all without physically being connected to the computer.

if i am in a hurry and have to leave asap i will queue up the transfer via dropbox on my computer, it will be in my cloud soon and i can access it after it is uploaded. then i can simply move the files around to whatever folder it needs to be in. it is far easier to download big apps/files on my computer, then upload it to my phone with iexplorer, drag the files into my installous folder and i can install it before the normal download would be halfway done. copytrans is for music/video only and is a lot better than itunes and iexplorer/dropbox is for everything else.

Last edited:
cuz alot of u nerds not down/hip enough to use one
also cuz steve jobs was a stupid guy making it sound kinda gay he dont evolve past this century he shoulda listen to me

if i am in a hurry and have to leave asap i will queue up the transfer via dropbox on my computer, it will be in my cloud soon and i can access it after it is uploaded. then i can simply move the files around to whatever folder it needs to be in. it is far easier to download big apps/files on my computer, then upload it to my phone with iexplorer, drag the files into my installous folder and i can install it before the normal download would be halfway done. copytrans is for music/video only and is a lot better than itunes and iexplorer/dropbox is for everything else.

motocast is WAY easier than this bullshit :psyduck:

how can someone not like iphones? you must be a linux nerd or something even more pretentious than that. i haven't synced with itunes after i jailbroke my phone (right after activation), it is too slow and basically garbage. personally i use iexplorer, dropbox, and copytrans, depends on what i am transferring and how much time/how big the file(s) being transferred are. dropbox is the slowest option but it does transfer things wireless-ly instead of via usb cable so it is to be expected, but you can set the queue and leave the computer and it will upload it all without physically being connected to the computer.

I just looked at all the stuff you mentioned and played around... holy fuck you may get more freedom than itunes syncing but jesus fucking christ that's a pain in the ass to do anything.

Back