ipad questions

Veloccity

Veteran XV
Ok quick question for anyone who uses the ipad to read the majority of the time. Is it good for reading 1-3 hours at a time? I was going to buy the nook or kindle but it seems that the ipad has so much more available shit that it would be dumb not to just get it. Money isn't really a problem so is it worth it if i want to use it primarily for reading? thanks

buy me one too and show TW how money is really no problem for you!!! I DARE YOU you poor, broke bastard.

Ok quick question for anyone who uses the ipad to read the majority of the time. Is it good for reading 1-3 hours at a time? I was going to buy the nook or kindle but it seems that the ipad has so much more available shit that it would be dumb not to just get it. Money isn't really a problem so is it worth it if i want to use it primarily for reading? thanks

Well it IS an LCD which is going to strain your eyes no matter what. I have a Nook. I would love to own an iPad and use it as a e-reader... but it doesn't come close to e-ink. At least the Nook has Android... and they have already brought a few simple games and a web browser to it.

hmmm .. its between the nook and the ipad. Anyone try reading a book on it? as long as epub works with it, downloading books from tor**nts should still work I assume

I enjoy reading books and comics on it. Having access to the ibooks store and the kindle store is nice.

it's become my primary reader.

during the past semester (after it came out of course) i was doing 2-3 hours of reading a day of pdfs (with goodreader), and i use it as my primary leisure reader too (rereading the dark tower series at the moment) and spend 2-3 hours a day reading that stuff...plus i do all my internet reading on it too.

and use it to read online documentation for development stuff as well

so yes, it's a fine e-reader and has caused me zero eye strain

p.s. a lot of my reading is at night too, so i can read in the dark on it and not worry about turning the lights off after im done :)

I read on mine for several hours at a time. Don't notice any eye strain (but I did turn the brightness down in iBooks before I started using it).

It takes ePub, but it won't do ragged edges, so if the book isn't justified, you lose some characters on the edge. I've got the Kindle App for it too, which is nice, but not as good as iBooks.

If i use calibre and get books from demonoid will i be able to put them on an IPAD? or will that DRM crap take over?

instapaper is a great way to read articles on my ipad. i don't really care about e-ink. :shrug:

haven't read any full length books on it, but i do read comics nightly with the marvel app :D

it's become my primary reader.

during the past semester (after it came out of course) i was doing 2-3 hours of reading a day of pdfs (with goodreader), and i use it as my primary leisure reader too (rereading the dark tower series at the moment) and spend 2-3 hours a day reading that stuff...plus i do all my internet reading on it too.

and use it to read online documentation for development stuff as well

so yes, it's a fine e-reader and has caused me zero eye strain

p.s. a lot of my reading is at night too, so i can read in the dark on it and not worry about turning the lights off after im done :)

This. TBH, I was actually surprised. I have been rereading the ender's series and I have had no eye strain what so ever. Maybe it's the font and the clarity. It's definitely different from reading small text on tribalwar than the text in the ibooks. I can't explain it.

With your nick, I can imagine you huddled in your bunk bed in a makeshift fort with a flashligt in your mom's basement rereading the series every weekend.

Reminds me of waking up Saturday mornings with a bowl of cereal and the X-men cartoons.

Back