IOS5 is out.

yeah i had to put my phone in recovery mode. Even then, it took a few tries while getting some weird errors like 3014, 3200, or 3002.

XD

Glad to finally get off beta. Ios5 is amazing. It's going to blow your socks off. Trust.

They just hired the guys who were doing it for the JB community is all.

I also heard they hired one of the main jailbreakers too? I'm almost certain that the the appstore idea was completely stolen from the jailbreak community and Steve never wanted their platform open to developers at all in the beginning.

huh?
what shit isn't going to sync? and how do you know this?

If you IPA's are not signed then how is it going to sync through the cloud? I would imagine that they would check for this thus killing the JB all together. The auto sync through wifi I would imagine has to go through the cloud.

The JB works. The apps that aren't bought legally will give you a sync error. The ones you have bought will be backed up properly, though.

At least thats how it worked in beta 3 when i tried jb'ing ios 5

haha being locked to one computer's itunes

i remember my iphone days and that is by far one of the dumbest problems with these devices

haha being locked to one computer's itunes

They're not, but they won't sync music/videos back to a different iTunes, so you have to manually sync the music between them (my itunes library at home resides on a NAS which all the Mac's access)

There is however a 5 computer limit, so ... *shrug*

I can't believe how they fucked up the Photo Album...

So now with iOS3 on the iPhone, in 'Photos' you can 'add' photos to a new album

I add 20 pics to the new album. If I delete them in the default album, it deletes ALL of them (including in the new album)

So what it's doing is just copy'n the photos to the new album, and leaves them in your default album

If you delete them out of the default, you delete them entirely. If you delete them out of your NEW album, they're still in the default album.

I actually can believe they fucked this up, it's apple. =\

The WiFi sync with iTunes is pretty neat though, although slow for bigger stuff because they still haven't enabled N on the iPhone.

Here are direct download links if you want to download it at work and bring it home without waiting to download again.

You can update to iOS 5 through iTunes by clicking Shift+Click Restore/Update to select the firmware from where you saved it locally.

Build (9A334)

iPad (iPad1,1)
iPad2,1 (iPad2,1)
iPad2,2 (iPad2,2)
iPad2,3 (iPad2,3)
iPhone3GS (iPhone2,1)
iPhone4 (iPhone3,1)
iPhone4(vz) (iPhone3,3)
iPhone4,1 (iPhone4,1)
iPodTouch(3G) (iPod3,1)
iPodTouch(4G) (iPod4,1)
AppleTV(2G) (AppleTV2,1)

Enjoy!

these don't work for me. Nor does hitting update in itunes. Kinda annoying.

random internet dude said:
This morning I upgraded to lion and ios 5 and itunes 10.5. Trying out the wireless sync I was disappointed to read in settings\general\itunes wi-fi sync\ it says
"Automatically sync with Itunes on your computer when your iPad is plugged in to power and connected to wi-fi"

This is not a true “wireless” sync.

Well it *is* true wireless sync, there is no "wire" hence wireless. Fuck some people are stupid.

The "automatic" part is when you plug in the power cable it does a sync automatically, you can still manually sync without the power cable.

Back