Introducing Evenrena T2 vs Zio's TV version

Zio

Veteran X
Just started the map today. Still have more to do like additional terrain painting and lighting, but it's close to complete.

This map wil be released along with all the other maps being included in the ARENA map pack, which will be released in conjunction with the ARENA++ mod.

There are a few additional maps that will be released with the pack that haven't been made public yet.

dudeman said:
When is arena ++ coming out and does it have it's own site yet?

Good question!

Sorry I don't have an exact answer for you, but I can tell you that Rapher plans on releasing the majority of his mods together in one package. That's been the major holdup. ARENA++ is pretty much complete other than some final gui tweaks Rapher is completing.

I believe Raph wanted to release his gametypes at UVALan and I'm not sure that's still his timeline or not.

I've been talking to Raph about a website for his mods, and I'll probably be helping with it's design, but we have all been quite busy as of late to work on a website.

The_Interceptor said:
Too bad the VUG devs couldnt' repackage the game with these new gametypes. They seem fun to play, but if no ones playing the game, what good are they?

We are playing them, don't worry. And we are having a lot of fun. That's all that matters to those that are doing the work.

Sorry about the name screw up, it is Envyreana.

Zio said:
Good question!

Sorry I don't have an exact answer for you, but I can tell you that Rapher plans on releasing the majority of his mods together in one package. That's been the major holdup. ARENA++ is pretty much complete other than some final gui tweaks Rapher is completing.

I thought you couldn't tweak the T:V gui with a mutator. Did rapher find a way around it, or is it a TC?

From what I understand is that he's making the gametypes so that you can just join a server download a small cache file and play, BUT if you want some advanced features, you can download his .pkg file from a website or something. Features would include stuff like new gui's, advanced admin features etc.

CarpeIppon said:
I thought you couldn't tweak the T:V gui with a mutator. Did rapher find a way around it, or is it a TC?

I have yet to see the gui modified serverside, but Raph says he's working on it.

What Fugi said...

Bloodwrath 2 said:
Zio I thought you hated remakes.

That must be true since so far I've completed Heliorena, and Areorena. Both are re-makes.

FYI... It's not so. I do however feel that the CTF gametype does not always work well with remakes since there are so many elements that are different, so I stay away from CTF re-makes as much as possible.

Looks awesome Zio as always.

PS: Tribes Vengeance graphics really aren't that much better than Tribes 2...
All that I see is : higher resolution textures
some lighting effects (ala. first screenshot) <- but these
can be pre-computed and faked anyway.

Its not gonna take much for Legends to become the game we want it to be. Tribes 2 with better graphics! :)

Back