interested in gokart racing... Who does it?

SuperTroop

Veteran X
I'm not talking about kiddy karts that go 10MPH. I'm talking the real fast ones. I am thinking about looking into the hobby and maybe involve the kids as well as a family thing.

The nearest "real" race track for gokarts is about 2 hours from me near Dayton Ohio.

Is there anyone in TW land that has experience in this? Care to share some info with me?

I went to a party a contractor had at a go kart track and it was a ton of fun. First time doing it and I beat the pants off a ton of other noobs. The guys who knew what they were doing were pretty plain to see and destroyed everyone else.

Too friggin' expensive to do regularly.

its fun, I cant see turning it into a regular hobby when you don't have any kind of immediate access to it

besides if you feel like endangering your kids and going at high speeds get a couple of ATV's that way you don't have to drive 2 hours to do it

My friends little brother races shifter karts

I think it costs them about 70k a year, they are trying to get a sponsor.

A friend of mine used to race dirt speedway karts.

They have an unlimited class that's two 125cc engines on a fucking go kart...they go plenty fast.

Last edited:
there's a track around here. it's a lot of fun, the karts probably go around 30-40mph, but it's a really tight course and it's tough to open them up wide without spinning out into a wall if you're not careful.

the only downsides are 1.) it's expensive($20 for a 8 minute race), and 2.) other people there. you'll either get stuck behind some 13 year old girl who hogs the track, or you'll have to race against the overly serious douchebags who bring their own helmets and wear racing suits.

Back